Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Googling in a second language

Author Topic: Googling in a second language
Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone GOOGLED today (Jan 4)? Check it out. Google tends to play with their logo. Talk about using a second language!
http://www.google.com/

I'd like to note that it will be gone forever by tomorrow, so if you don't look at it today you'll miss the clever joke.

Posts: 2026 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zodiaxe
Member # 3106

- posted      Profile for Zodiaxe   Email Zodiaxe         Edit/Delete Post 
I take it as being braille, unless I am mistakened. It's pretty cool.

Peace,
Scott

Posts: 80 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Google used to have a way of translating its site and search results into Pig Latin...I forget just how you get it to come up...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
Twas interesting, to be sure.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
If you move your cursor to the graphic, see that it's a link, and follow the link, there will usually be something that helps explain what they are doing.

I have the google page as my browser home page, so I get to see what they are doing each day when I open my browser. And I enjoy that little start to my day.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang. I'm automatically redirected towards google France, which has no fun logo today. I'm missing out on something here, I can tell.
Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post 
The fun is over now, Silver3, but the Google logo was in braille.
I've worked in advertising for many years, and it's a bold move for a corporation to play around with their logo like Google does. It certainly brings a refreshing sense of fun to their website.

Posts: 2026 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
It was in braille to commemorate the birthday (January 4th) of Louis Braille.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheoPhileo
Member # 1914

- posted      Profile for TheoPhileo   Email TheoPhileo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dang. I'm automatically redirected towards google France, which has no fun logo today. I'm missing out on something here, I can tell.

I'm sure there's a way to get to the US Google. I know google.fr gets me to Google France, or google.co.ve gets me Venezuela (very useful for checking foreign news). Try google.us next time.

[This message has been edited by TheoPhileo (edited January 05, 2006).]

Posts: 292 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't thought of that
Thanks for the tip, it seems to be working

Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.