Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » The Eye Of The World (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Eye Of The World
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... the one thing I forgot to mention. The cover to The Great Hunt. It shows Rand lifting the horn, it shows Selene, then it shows another fellow looking on with a book. In the shadows, Trollocs are waiting.

I couldn't find any scene like that in the book, nor figure who the third figure is supposed to be. At one point, after Rand comes back from retrieving the horn from Fain's camp, Selene urges him to take the horn out of the box. I assume that is the closet scene to the cover.

But who is the third person? Hurin (the sniffer) is the only other human in the scene, but he doesn't lug around a thick book. The Ogier lugs around thick books, but is taller than Rand, and doesn't look human at all. Maybe it is supposed to be a combination of the two.

Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
RJ has constantly stated his dissatifaction with the covers.

The book guy is the Ogier, but it doesn't look anything like he's supposed to.

Also, look at his boots. I'd hate to be him if it rains .

Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Lust
Member # 3031

- posted      Profile for Matt Lust   Email Matt Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
survivor,

and i thought i was the only one who'd ever read the CS triology that starts with out of the silent planet so much so that i've haven't touched them in about 8 years.

I did think about Warren? the bad guy the MC knows is evil when dark friends come about in philosophical overtones....mostly when they get the imperialistic overtones.

I agree that darkfriends are way to real to be anything but. But unintelligable? maybe in the way RJ wrote them but they are eirely too real to be good bad guys.

Posts: 514 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...did something happen to your keyboard? Some of that last message looks pretty garbled.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smaug
Member # 2807

- posted      Profile for Smaug   Email Smaug         Edit/Delete Post 
Jordan's biggest problem is that he created too many major characters with too many storylines to finish---so instead of finishing any, he writes his last book or two as a bunch of nothing happening. Sorry, but I don't think I'll ever wade into them again.

Posts: 440 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.