Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » LTUE

Author Topic: LTUE
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
For those in Utah: BYU's free SF&F symposium is this week. The Guests of Honor are Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta. Details at http://www.ltue.org/

[This message has been edited by EricJamesStone (edited February 14, 2006).]

Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always enjoyed LTUE when I've attended. And they have a forum on family friendly Anime on Saturday...I feel a little bad about that, since I have a raging addiction to nigh-pirated fansubs. I only legitimately own stuff like Noir and Madlax.

On the other hand, my entire family basically main-lined Witch Hunter Robin after seeing the first few episodes, so maybe that's what "family friendly" means

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ergoface
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for Ergoface   Email Ergoface         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there 95% of the time. I look forward to hearing from Eric on the panels, as he is now of the exalted published crowd.

Are we going to try and have a Hatracker meetup/lunch?

Dave

Posts: 77 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
At the pre-symposium reception tomorrow night, I will have some copies of the September 2005 issue of Analog (the one with my story.) I'll give some away to the first few people who tell me they are Hatrackers. I'll sign it, and since Kevin J. Anderson has a story in that issue, maybe you can get him to sign it, too.
Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll be available on Saturday for lunch.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ethersong
Member # 3216

- posted      Profile for ethersong   Email ethersong         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah, I guess I should have figured there was some BYU people here...lol. Tell me when and where you guys are meeting I'd totally love to come (if you don't mind a person who's only been on the forum for 3 weeks coming ). And I'm only 18...soooooo...lol. Still, it'd be cool to meet you guys.

[This message has been edited by ethersong (edited February 15, 2006).]

Posts: 131 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, unless someone comes up with something better and in case nothing is figured out before then, how about if we meet at the back of the room after my 10am panel on Saturday and decide what we're going to do?
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ergoface
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for Ergoface   Email Ergoface         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a plan, Kathleen.
See you there.
Dave

Posts: 77 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear the weather's supposed to be bad out that way today...hope nobody got caught too bad in it...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you guys have fun without me. *sniff*

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is the temperature 22F when I'm trying to ride home on a motorcyle? What did you guys do?
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.