Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » The solution to my main problem!

Author Topic: The solution to my main problem!
pooka
Member # 1738

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
This has probably been posted before, but not since I've been around, or it might have happened while I was buried in joint compound dust over the winter.

http://www.rinkworks.com/bookaminute/sff.shtml

I particularly liked the book-a-minute of Children of Dune.

Posts: 334 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully this is all in good fun. Otherwise, they really don't seem to like anything...
Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pantros
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for pantros   Email pantros         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, another ultracynical critic. At least he makes his points fast.
Posts: 370 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, this reminds me of thirty-second bunnies. I think it's just as funny.

From the way it's written, I think they like some of the books they're making fun of (Ender's Game, for example is a possible "like"). I'm pretty sure they don't like Robert Jordan's work, though. They were very hard on that series.

The only one that hasn't tickled me so far is their assessment of Dune. I think they could have done a lot better with that one.

Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, we could all do better...except for the one about the collected works of Asimov. I couldn't have topped that.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louiseoneal
Member # 3494

- posted      Profile for Louiseoneal   Email Louiseoneal         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehee. I like their take on Good Omens. That does sum it up. With CAPS.
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 1738

I still don't get the one of Shasta supposedly being Moses in The Horse and his Boy.

Also, I guess Dune could be really annoying if you thought they were using Arabic sounding words as opposed to transliterated Arabic (which he does). I guess linking the spice to Oil might be a relevant bit they left out.

I think it also took me more than a minute to read the one on The Hobbit

Posts: 334 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Really?

Because that one seems so obvious. "There and back again."

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 1738

By the way, I'd like to apologize for ending this thread title with an exclamation point. There are 3 titles in the top ten that bear them right now.
trousercuit
Member # 3235

- posted      Profile for trousercuit   Email trousercuit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I hate that! Too many exclamation points drives me insane!!!
Posts: 453 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kadri
Member # 3402

- posted      Profile for Kadri   Email Kadri         Edit/Delete Post 
All of Henry James:

OMGZ! WOMENZ ARE TEH EVILZ!!!

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.