Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Good News

Author Topic: Good News
ken_hawk
Member # 2647

- posted      Profile for ken_hawk   Email ken_hawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I entered an essay contest for my local newspaper a couple weeks ago and today it was announced in front of the entire town that I won the title of Grand Champion of the essay contest and I also recieved 50$. It's my first time getting paid for writing. Also, 49 out of the 50 judges voted for my article as the best of all the entries. About 4,000 people read the newspaper that it will be published in. Not a huge amount of people, but like someone on this forum once told me it is never a small deal getting your talents recognized and getting your name into print. Thanks to everyone that gives me advice about writing and for all the help you guys have given me. Hopefully my success will continue and will lead to a published novel one day. For now I'll use my recent victory as motivation to keep writing.

[This message has been edited by ken_hawk (edited August 11, 2006).]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wbriggs
Member # 2267

- posted      Profile for wbriggs   Email wbriggs         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 2830 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations are in order.

*claps*

Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mommiller
Member # 3285

- posted      Profile for mommiller   Email mommiller         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go!!

Is there a link where we could see this article?

Posts: 306 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ken_hawk
Member # 2647

- posted      Profile for ken_hawk   Email ken_hawk         Edit/Delete Post 
There isn't any link to it. Its a small town newspaper so they don't publish online. Sorry mommiller. It's going to be printed in the newspaper here in Kansas this week though.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 9240

- posted      Profile for Spaceman           Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
authorsjourney
Member # 3569

- posted      Profile for authorsjourney   Email authorsjourney         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.