Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Anyone Going To Dragon*Con?

Author Topic: Anyone Going To Dragon*Con?
DeepDreamer
Member # 5337

- posted      Profile for DeepDreamer   Email DeepDreamer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to Dragon*Con for the first time this year, and I can't wait!

Or rather, I can. I just don't want to.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be at Dragon*Con.
Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard DragonCon mentioned a few times before, but I have no idea what the hell it is, so what is it? A convention where fantasy authors converge upon and speak out to their fans about how they came up with the idea, characters etc?
Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm familiar with the name...couldn't tell you where it is, but I've heard the name before...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsemones
Member # 2362

- posted      Profile for gsemones           Edit/Delete Post 
Through the magical Oracle of Google:

http://www.dragoncon.org/

It's in Atlanta, Georgia today through the fourth.

Guerry

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
It just got a mention on Fox News a few minutes ago...unless someone else is putting a convention on in Atlanta, Georgia...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeepDreamer
Member # 5337

- posted      Profile for DeepDreamer   Email DeepDreamer         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from Dragon*Con late last night. I had a blast. There was so much stuff going on.

Dragon*Con is an everything-convention for fans of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, anime, you name it. There were live bands, authors, comic book artists, actors like Summer Glau and Alan Tudyk were there. There were panels on writing, on webcomics, on YA fiction, on British SciFi, on Star Wars, Star Trek, StarGate, and a ton of humor stuff (I loved the live Who's Line Is It Anyway? stuff.) They had rooms where they were showing videos of classic science fiction shows and movies, anime, anime music videos. And of course, the best part: free food in the ConSuite. I came home a bit less broke than I might have otherwise because of that blessed ConSuite.

I came back very happy from having spent the entire weekend hanging out there with my boyfriend, and very inspired from all the writing and comic book panels I went to. Mostly comic book ones, actually. I might actually get that webcomic I've been fiddling with up and running.

But yeah, it was a lot of fun. It was worth going broke for. Seriously, I have about $50 to my name right now, which has to last me until payday in two weeks . . . . At least there's lots of food in my cabinets . . . .

Posts: 34 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alethea Kontis
Member # 3748

- posted      Profile for Alethea Kontis   Email Alethea Kontis         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragon*Con was indeed the bees knees.
I am SO incredibly sick right now.
(If you don't feel like you've been hit by a truck for 3 days after Dragon*Con, you didn't have any fun.)

And broke. Definitely broke.
I am rediscovering the wonders of Ramen soup.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.