Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » On-line Writer's Conference

Author Topic: On-line Writer's Conference
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
This October, I am going to be a presenter in the first Muse On-line Writ'ers Conference. It is FREE. There are a wide variety of presenters, including publishers, agents, and authors (including yours truly). There will be plenty of workshops and events that may interest you. Best of all, it's free and accessible from your living room....so it couldn't possibly hurt to check it out.

http://www.freewebs.com/themuseonlinewritersconference/

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 9240

- posted      Profile for Spaceman           Edit/Delete Post 
It will be interesting to see if this concept works. How did you get involved?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
She's a presenter. Or do you mean "how did she get to be a presenter?"
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 9240

- posted      Profile for Spaceman           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, of course, how did she become a presenter.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
My publisher told me about it. She is involved as a presenter as well and suggested getting in touch with the conference coordinator.
Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
Christine, this sounds really interesting.
And it should be quite an experience for you.

Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 1738

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The freeweb you register for looks like it has potential, as it allows importation of blogs from Livejournal, Xanga, blogger and myspace. One possible drawback is it doesn't seem to preserve privacy or lock settings on importations, and it only went back to April 05 with my livejournal. Still, I'm interested to see how it does.

I've been playing around with this and I'm absolutely in love with freewebs now. It's like after I saw Serenity, I knew if I tried to describe it to anyone I'd gush so much they'd figure I had joined a cult.

I'm working now suggesting they add importation of forum posts to the blog.

[This message has been edited by pooka (edited September 01, 2006).]

Posts: 334 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
franc li
Member # 3850

- posted      Profile for franc li   Email franc li         Edit/Delete Post 
I received the finalized schedule for this. There's some interesting looking stuff.
Posts: 366 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.