Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » My blood donation....

Author Topic: My blood donation....
I am destiny
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
It is over, after a half a pens ink and two weeks of torture my line editor returned my MS. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. There were some pages where there wasnt a red mark on it at all. I am relieved and happy. We talked about it for a long time and I walked away feeling that I had done a good job. She actually said that she loved the story so much that the editing was slowing her down and she had to keep going back and editing because she would get caught up in the story. I thought that that was the best compliment I could have gotten.

So now I get to take my "baby" and make the necessary changes and submit it for a final read. Then it is off to submitting.... I can't belive that after two years I am almost ready. Wow!

Good timing too, I just came up with an awesome idea for another book.

~Destiny

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats, how exciting!
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamieFord
Member # 3112

- posted      Profile for JamieFord   Email JamieFord         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Just finishing is quite an accomplishment. Best of luck to you on finding a great home for your book.
Posts: 603 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kakichi
Member # 5814

- posted      Profile for Kakichi   Email Kakichi         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I'm sure we all hope to see your book on bookstore shelves soon
Posts: 52 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome... but, since I am very ignorant of this process, how did you get as far as you've come? I mean getting and editor and all.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Lust
Member # 3031

- posted      Profile for Matt Lust   Email Matt Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
She paid for the line editor. This service is a great help to get a fresh and "professional" set of eyes on a MS often times for the first time.
Posts: 514 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Lust
Member # 3031

- posted      Profile for Matt Lust   Email Matt Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
Finishing is quite an accomplishment though.

What was your final word count?

Posts: 514 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I am destiny
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, annepin, jamieford, kakichi, zero, & mattlust. It has been a long two years. I hope it and the other 6 find a home.

Zero I found an editor in my writers group. She not only did a line edit but a content edit. The other members have read parts of my books and we can discuss things in detail. Besides they are a fun group of friends. I have discussed many things with this group, they are invaluable. Another good thing is, it was free.

Mattlust like I said to Zero I didnt pay; but it was because I sent it to a fellow writer. MY final word count was about 114,000 words. 319 pgs dbl sp.

I guess my biggest advise is GET A WRITERS GROUP! google one, place an ad, go to conferences, schmoose with other writers. IT is the single most important thing I have done in the last year. I wouldnt be this far w/o them. (At a local conference 3 members won 4 awards including the grand prize, and three have submitted and one is published in magazines.) We have lessons, discuss problems, set goals etc.

~Destiny

[This message has been edited by I am destiny (edited August 15, 2007).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.