Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » New arrivals, let your voice be heard.

Author Topic: New arrivals, let your voice be heard.
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
With all the new arrivals I wanted to offer the weekly13 challenge. The best, best way, to improve your writing is to critique others. You will find more things you can improve on in your own writing by doing this.

The 13-challenge, in the Writing Challenges is a great place to start. In one read, you can get 15 stories on the same plot, a great way to see the differences in style and voice, and the changes that come with starting a story with another scene will do or another POV. Also the mistakes we make in our first 13 are generally speaking carried throughout all of our writing.

13-challenge quickly explained:

Every Friday a new story synopsis is posted. And you have til Wednesday to post your 13 line take. Thursday morning the voting begins and continues through Saturday.

PS – You don’t have to write a 13 line to critique or vote. So, if you wanted, you could start today by voting and critquing at the Writing Challenges Section, The 13-line Intro's for Week Three,

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devnal
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Devnal   Email Devnal         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tiegran, I actually was never certain on how those worked, I'll definately give it a shot next time it comes up.

Should we expect a new synopsis today sometime?

Posts: 303 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. If its not up today, check back saturday, but today is the target day. we'll be glad to have you Devnal.

[This message has been edited by Tiergan (edited April 11, 2008).]

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.