Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Osc owns Sci-Fi bestseller list

Author Topic: Osc owns Sci-Fi bestseller list
tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
According to B&N, Orson Scott Card just about owns the Sci-Fi genre bestsellers list. Somehow Dan Simmons managed to get a book in there. Is OSC slipping lol

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?CAT=283&srt=S&cds2Pid=17801

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EP Kaplan
Member # 5688

- posted      Profile for EP Kaplan   Email EP Kaplan         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for him! I knew that having one generic gift for everyone I know (a copy of EG) would be useful for someone!
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a shame that people have missed his other books that have nothing to do with ender. Treason is better than a good chunk of the additional ender books, imo. And I'd put Songmaster in there as well. To be honest, the only books OSC has I didn't like were the later books in ender and memory of earth series. All of the single novels were incredible...

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I knew what "bestseller" meant in actual terms of sales...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor
Member # 7736

- posted      Profile for Doctor   Email Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. I found Treason fascinating and artistic, a lot of talent went into it, but I found it utterly distasteful and repulsive at the same time. And I would, by no means, recommend it to a casual reader.
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Those sales are not in any definable order. By the sales rank numbers, they are not in order.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
And it's limited to "military and space adventure", whatever that might mean.
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.