Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Free stuff to listen to?

Author Topic: Free stuff to listen to?
halogen
Member # 6494

- posted      Profile for halogen   Email halogen         Edit/Delete Post 
My goal this month is to go through every Short Science Fiction Story at LibriVox while on the bus to work.

Then there is the much larger goal of listening to all Short Stories they have available.

Aside from LibriVox my second favorite place to get stuff to listen to is archive.org where they have a variety of old lectures from people like William Burroughs.

With that said... do you all listen to audiobooks or podcasts, any recommendations?

Posts: 207 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
For short fiction: Escape Pod, Podcastle, and Starship Sofa.

For SF&F news: Adventures in Sci-fi Publishing.

For writing: I Should Be Writing and Odyssey workshop podcasts.

Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
^
Beat me to it with podcastle and escape pod

if you are into horror- pseudopod

I also listen to science news and lectures for reference

Nasa's Astrobiology magazine is cool

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheyne
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Cheyne   Email Cheyne         Edit/Delete Post 
A great podcast that chronocles news in science is "Quirks and Quarks" from the CBC. Good source of ideas, cutting edge science and a good listen.
You can find it here.
http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podcasts/1300

[This message has been edited by Cheyne (edited May 01, 2008).]

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.