Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Synopsis - font format

Author Topic: Synopsis - font format
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, nearly done with the editing of my novel and decided it was a good time to approach the dreaded synopsis. A lot of agents ask for a 1 page synopsis in the query package. Should that be courier or Time New Roman. I will be sending the requested pages of the manuscript in Courier, actually Courier Dark, I think, but as far as the 1 page synopsis, I get so much more in TNR and I could use it. Should the entire package be the same font, the query letter, the synopsis, the 5 pages? I have always done the query letter in TNR or Ariel as I don't think a letter should be in courier, but I don't know. Any thoughts?

PS-Already searching past threads on this subject, but so far havent found any on the font.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing that needs to be in Courier is what will be typeset (meaning your manuscript). You can use Times New Roman for everything else: query letter, synopsis, style sheet, bio and credits, etc.

Best wishes on your submission, Tiergan.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kathleen.
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeanneT
Member # 5709

- posted      Profile for JeanneT   Email JeanneT         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard anyone say that anything other than the ms needs to be in Courier. I also use Courier Dark which is at least a little nicer than Courier New. I found a recommendation to use that on Robert Sawyer's excellent website.

Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.