Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Myths Over Miami

Author Topic: Myths Over Miami
halogen
Member # 6494

- posted      Profile for halogen   Email halogen         Edit/Delete Post 
This is an old article dealing with the mythologies created by homeless children. I am absolutely fascinated by this. Be warned this article will not leave you with a warm feeling. Some of the descriptions these children give about their lives can be disturbing.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1997-06-05/news/myths-over-miami/

Posts: 207 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devnal
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Devnal   Email Devnal         Edit/Delete Post 
This is intense
Posts: 303 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is. I'm almost wordless about it. So painful and sad to read, yet so fascinating, too.
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeanneT
Member # 5709

- posted      Profile for JeanneT   Email JeanneT         Edit/Delete Post 
Mercedes Lackey used it in one of her novels. Don't recall the title at the moment, though. She changed the setting to New York.

[This message has been edited by JeanneT (edited July 31, 2008).]

Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

- posted      Profile for Pyraxis   Email Pyraxis         Edit/Delete Post 
This is fascinating. Thanks so much for posting it.

I remember Bloody Mary. It wasn't just the homeless kids - it swept my first grade classroom too. I couldn't get close enough to see, but a whole crowd of kids tried to summon her in the school bathroom once, and they claimed they saw red glowing eyes.

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
If you go into a bathroom and turn out the light and say Bloody Mary 3 times, Chuck Norris will appear and round house kick you for being superstitious.

Sorry I had to say that.

Anyway I do think that Miami is hunted or anything other. It is a prime place for hurricanes and many a ship have gone down near that area. Nice reading that was I don’t think it is Bloody Mary though.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.