Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » What does this mean?

Author Topic: What does this mean?
TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
From submission guidelines:

quote:
Although we do read all submissions, we cannot respond to them individually or return them.

Does this mean I'm never going to hear back if they decide not to take my work? Or just that I'll only receive a form rejection?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
If it happens to be a printed-out manuscript sent to a physical address that wasn't being returned, I'd pass on the market altogether. (Electronic submission, something I hardly ever do, is of course a different matter---there's no point in returning a manuscript that doesn't exist.)

Aside from that, I'd say it means they'll send you a cheapo postcard with a form rejection printed on it.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah. They preferred electronic submission, which is what I did. Although they did consider postal submissions.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
It means they do not offer comments on your ms or reasons they may have passed on it.
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
That just means the response you receive will be a form rejection and you shouldn't read too much into it. It's pretty standard. I've seen submission guidelines (rarely) in which they say they will not respond at all if they don't want it. I won't submit to such a venue.
Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.