Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Missing " Did You Write?"

Author Topic: Missing " Did You Write?"
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm posting in the wrong forum, but what happened to rstegman? Is he under water?

I feel like I showed up to a weekly club meeting to find all the officers absent.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
But did you write?

8)

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, every so often, people don't show up every so often. You gotta take it in stride.

So why not start a "Did You Write" thread right here?

The week was a washout for me, despite a three-day holiday and plenty of relax-time. I managed to cut and paste together a new version of my last story to start kinda-anew on, but haven't done anything more than that. I'm still hopeful...but I've got an impending vacation in a month or so, and my writing usually shuts down in and around that time frame.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

I was going to claim that I didn't write nearly as much as I wanted to the past week and a half, but that was because I focused my efforts on only one specific story.

That story was completed last night.

After two years, my young adult novel is FINISHED!!!

Even better than that, I sent out the story's first agent query letter last night as well.

Any relief I might feel as a result of completing this story will soon be overrun by my hyperactive nervousness and my paranoid belief that I should give it just one more proofread.

So, yeah...I wrote!

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope he's all right. He's been going through some tough times, if I remember.

Did I write? I haven't posted under these headings in a while, partly because I _hadn't_ written, and partly because I was avoiding distractions. Why write that I hadn't written when I could be just writing?

Well, here I am, so here goes. Yes, I wrote. I uncovered an old story I'd half-written and completely forgot about. I blew the dust off it and took stock. It wasn't half bad. I still have no idea where it's going but I wrote a little more on it.

I've also been working on my WIP. Again. Third time's the charm, right? It's going a little better. I reworked the first three or four chapters, but now I have no idea what happens until, oh, chapter 13 or so.

I've also been working on my other WIP, as well as brainstorming my story for Q1-09. I've got something, just have to make it work.

Alas, my story for Q4-08 (these refer to the WotF contest, by the way) hangs over me like Damacles's sword. I need to rewrite it. I have to learn how to rewrite, first of all. Argh!

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to Crank on the finished YA novel! I'm impressed.

I did write this week. I even wrote a lot. I finished chapter 2 of my YA novel and am a good way into Chapter 3. I posted Chapter 2 on another bb for feedback.

I edited a ~2500 word short that I had been sitting on and posted here for crit. (My first posting here for crit!) I got a great review back, lots of really helpful feedback. Thanks CL Lynn.

I re-wrote a different ~1K flash, then put it on the shelf. Ick,I still don't like it. I think it's going in the bit bucket for a few months.

Finally, I finished the outline for the novel that I am planning for NaNoWriMo. I used MindManager for that and just love it.

On the giving back side...I critted two shorts last week and 1 novel chapter.

Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Crank! I'm going to dance around the neighborhood when my novel is complete.

Excluding internet postings, I wrote about 4,000 words of story draft. I am most proud of how I pushed aside fear to move Odal's Story past a love scene.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arriki
Member # 3079

- posted      Profile for arriki   Email arriki         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't write today. I got to put together and throw 2000 little once a week community newspaper. Took all day. I'm exhausted but $260 richer.

I've had extra work all week which has slowed my writing. China Station will be delayed a few days. I'll put "the end" on it sometime next week. I hope.

Posts: 1580 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
I did write. It's been awhile since I have written anything, and my writing skills got rusty more quickly than I could have imagined, but I wrote the first 1500 words of a new first chapter for my book, thanks to IB who saw what needed to be done and wasn't afraid to tell me so.

I'm standing at the threshold, wondering if I have it in me to plunge back into the world of creativity again. It would be much easier if the creativity would stay shoved into the one hour a day I have alotted for it, instead of taking over every waking moment, and a good deal of the sleeping ones too.

Here's hoping that where ever you are, rstegman, that you're there because you won the lottery or made the New York Times bestseller list, and that you'll be back next week.

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I write a bit everyday (with rare exceptions), so the answer is yes.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.