Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Funny writer's block site

Author Topic: Funny writer's block site
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen this before? Pretty funny!

http://www.webook.com/911writersblock

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to look, but the thing wasted my online connection.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I should say it's probably related to my ongoing computer problems, likely a combination of the damage done by a recent security software update, and also my use of dialup and lack of bandwith, rather than the site. (There's this one online comic strip that shuts me down nearly every time I go to it---did so earlier, too. I work around things when I can.)
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
It almost gave me a heart-attack! I clicked on it at work, and this voice started speaking from my computer. I was scrambling to find the speaker volume button. Of course, everybody at work pretty much knows I'm idioscyncratic anyway. But I couldn't think of anyway to explain that this relates in any way whatsoever to my day job. So I got home and then went all the way through. Does it change every day? I'm gonna have to bookmark this, it's too good.

Thanks for sharing, Kayti!

Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, should have warned about the audio! It starts talking to you pretty much right away. Robert, I'm sure it's a combo of that audio loading + the graphics that blows your connection or browser or what have you. It's a bigger media load than many websites (this one, for instance.) But it's really hilarious - it's a phone key pad and a voice telling you to dial different numbers to get your characters out of (or into) jams.

I haven't looked through the whole site, but there's some really nifty content there that will *definitely* come in handy during Nano ... and any time I'm procrastinating writing, come to think of it.

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.