Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Flash Fiction Online's First Anniversary!

Author Topic: Flash Fiction Online's First Anniversary!
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Excited to share Flash Fiction Online's newest issue, free as always on the FFO website

This is our first anniversary - can you believe we've been putting out 3 original flash fiction stories, 1 classic flash, 4 new pieces of artwork (by our resident artist who is well-known in these here parts), many blog posts, many more forums posts, and debuted a writing column on short form fiction (a few months ago) once a month for a year?

The group who puts together FFO came together via Hatrack. I thought if you haven't seen the 'zine lately, now was a good time to remind you about it because the December issue is chock-full of awesome. I'm really impressed with the quality of our submissions (I'm one of the "staff readers", aka the slush pile readers.) This month's stories cover some deep territory. Not exactly feel-good holiday cheer, but deep stories that leave you with a lot to think about, and stick with you long after you've read them.

Anyway, many thanks to those of you who have supported us in this year by submitting, by reading, by participating on the forums, or by cheering us on from the sidelines.

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, people!

Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on the anniversary!
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for BoredCrow   Email BoredCrow         Edit/Delete Post 
AND one of the stories we published won an award!

http://www.microaward.com/

Posts: 554 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steffenwolf
Member # 8250

- posted      Profile for steffenwolf           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I've never submitted to that site yet, but I think I will soon. I've got a flash piece or two that might do well there.
Posts: 299 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a fast year, eh?
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what an accomplishment. I'm impressed!

Happy Anniversary!

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.