Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Ready for Market Feb Challenge

Author Topic: Ready for Market Feb Challenge
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone up for the Ready for Market Challenge for Feb?

It's for stories that are pretty much ready to submit, or which have been rejected by an editor. In echange for a quick crit 'n grading, you get a short crit and a grading of your story against several key characteristics such as character development, plot, writing style and so on.

Here's how we did it last month:

http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum1/HTML/005347.html

If you're in for Feb please post "I'm in" here and I'll start the Feb RFM challenge if there are takers ...

Cheers,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. I have one that's been rejected three times now. I know it's not as good as some of my other work, but maybe a fresh pair of eyes will help me pinpoint the trouble spots.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be participating just not sure with which story yet
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Forrest
Member # 8460

- posted      Profile for Joseph Forrest   Email Joseph Forrest         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have anything ready for print but I'd be happy to pay it forward with some critiques to help anyone out.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliedfive
Member # 7811

- posted      Profile for alliedfive   Email alliedfive         Edit/Delete Post 
Gonna try to get in this month. Two stories to choose from...

Hey Talespinner, what's the deadline for 1st thirteen?

Posts: 323 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I think in. If the deadline for the 1st 13 is the 10th, I'm happy to give it a shot (I've got a submitted and then rejected story I want to rework).

Nick

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
The tenth it is, then.

The deadline is something of a soft deadline, there to enourage grades and crits by the end of the month or thereabouts, and to discourage submission of stories that really aren't yet ready for market.

Welcome, everyone -- and any late comers yet to declare themselves.

(I'll start a challenge thread later today, when I get a little more time ...)

Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
~taps foot~
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

Sorry for the delay. Just a slight sneeze of snow and all stops here in England. Not the internet of course, but things I had to do took longer than they should'a.

Anyhow, Feb RFM challenge is now open in the Challenges forum. I'm looking forward to seeing y'all there real soon ...

Cheers,
Pat

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.