Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Ready for Market Challenge October

Author Topic: Ready for Market Challenge October
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I’d like to announce the Ready for Market Challenge for October. My apologies for the lateness of posting, I was unexpectedly without the internet.

This challenge is for stories that have been through a critique process from an independent third party (e.g. here in F&F) and are ready to submit to market -- after a final bit of polish in the RFM challenge. Crits are generally short, direct, though polite and constructive and helpful.

Though it might seem obvious that in order to be published, you need to submit stories to markets, the final step of submitting your story can be daunting. The RFM challenge is both a call to arms to submit your story to market and a chance to have another pair of eyes look over your story before it goes out.
Here are the rules (basically, just go look in the challenge forum and read the post if I don’t get the coding right):
http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum7/HTML/000138.html

If you have something you'd like to offer, please so indicate in this thread and then go to the challenge thread.

Cheers,

Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick T (edited October 05, 2009).]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
About time.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

One last bump to see if anyone else wants to take part in this challenge. If so, please place your opening 13 in the challenge thread.

Merlion, while the effort to maintain this challenge are minimal, I don’t get anything for it either. I’d appreciate if you weren't snarky about something I don't have to do.

Regards,

Nick

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
I was kidding. Its funny how everyone wants me to magically intuit there intentions in various situations. but generally want to expect the worst of mine. I guess I should've added a smiley.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you probably should.

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.