Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Screenwriters?

Author Topic: Screenwriters?
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Any screenwriters here? I was looking into Screenwriter software, but a friend on FB introduced me to Celtx which looks good too, and you can do comics and graphic novels on it which is cool too. I think since Donavan is a Celtic name (yes I was named after the folk singer) that Celtx may be a sign.

Anyway, got such good feedback on my last software question I thought I would throw this out there for feedback.

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitti
Member # 7277

- posted      Profile for Kitti   Email Kitti         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't do a ton of screenwriting, but when I do I use Final Draft.
Posts: 715 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
I checked out Celtx. It gets good feedback and there is an online forum for projects and feedback.

When I'm asked to do a screen play of my blockbustin' novel I'll probably try either that or final draft.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't speak for software, but when I was digging into screenwriting, I found this site very helpful. It's the website of Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio. (Who wrote Aladdin, Little Monsters, Godzilla (with Mathew Broderick), The Road to El Dorado, The Mask of Zorro, Small Soldiers, ANTZ, Sinbad, The Puppet Masters, Men in Black, Shrek, The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, Treasure Planet, National Treasure and National Treasure: The Book of Secrets, Deja Vu, The Spiderwick Chronicles and G-Force.)
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
What everyone else said.
Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.