Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Finally finished one

Author Topic: Finally finished one
Matt.Simpson01
Member # 8937

- posted      Profile for Matt.Simpson01   Email Matt.Simpson01         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally finished my first short story. It's a little over 4600 words. I could have put a lot of detail into the story, but that would have made it really long and the flow of the story would have been uber slow. I like it how it is, and i will submit it to the critters workshop soon.
Posts: 53 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Good work.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent. Now, post the first 13 in fragments and Feedback, get ya some crits, polish a little based on that, go to Duotrope's Digest and find a place to submit it to, and send it off!

Don't get stuck in the trying-to-make-it-perfect-so-it-never-gets-submitted trap.

Actualy finishing a story is awesome. Getting it out and around (providing that is that submitting and getting published is in fact a goal you have on one level or another) is the very needed and I think some times overly shunned next step.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Yayy!

You realize that accomplishment sets you ahead of a large amount of people who call themselves writers.

[This message has been edited by Pyre Dynasty (edited December 31, 2009).]

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.