Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Writers of the Future Q1 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Writers of the Future Q1
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess the superstitious and anxious of us, me included, can start posting again. Wow the WOTF groups have been quiet the last week while we all waited. I wish some more Hatrackers were on the finalist lists.

Now, back to that rewrite...

ps...100 HM? Did I miss a list? I only counted about 70 between the two lists Jennifer posted from the newswires.

[This message has been edited by Dark Warrior (edited March 24, 2010).]

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post 
Joni has been known to do HM lists after posting the Finalist and Semi-finalist lists.

Lately, she seems very behind on the blog.

Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
That was kind of interesting. I found Helen Venn's blog and touched base. Who knows, it might result in finding an in-person writing group around town somewhere.
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Blog is finally updated....Silver Honorable Mention?

http://wotfblog.blogspot.com/

Official congrats to

Snapper
JenniferHicks
InarticulateBabbler
Rick Novy
tchernabyelo
Kitti

and all those who managed through the real life slushpile to get an entry in.

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Joni gave me an extra F in my name. I wonder what it stands for?
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post 
Silver Honorable Mention, that's a new one.

Must have been a story right on the fence, between the top end of the HM pool and the bottom of the Semis.

Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

New review of last years anthology. Check out what this jealous hack had to say.

http://www.diabolicalplots.com/?p=1250

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
"Jealous hack" seems a harsh characterisation. He's frank, and he does himself no favours with some embarrassing errors (eluded for alluded is particularly cringeworthy), but he makes some interesting points as long as you take it - as reviews should be taken - as one person's opinion.
Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if you know, but Frank and snapper are one and the same being.
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

Oh I got a giggle out of that one lol
snapper
Member # 7299

Damn skadder,

You just ruined all my fun.

philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Jealous hack" seems a harsh characterisation. He's frank...

Sometimes a person can be their own worst critic, especially when they're frank (or Frank).

Spaceman (Rick Novy) once posted an interview he had done with Stanley Schmidt. A Hatracker, unaware that Spaceman was the "interviewer", responded to the post in a truly cringeworthy way. I believe that the response was shortly edited after a helpful Email.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
No, clearly I didn't know.
Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, tchernabyelo. Snapper has such a quirky sense of humor that I recommend being extra wary with regard to his posts.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

quote:
It's okay, tchernabyelo. Snapper has such a quirky sense of humor that I recommend being extra wary with regard to his posts.

There is a joke in there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.

I really am bummed. I would have struck up a whole new this is how much of a hack he is conversation.

I do thank you though, tchernabyalo. Nice to know that you would defend me from me, even if you weren't aware it was I that I was slandering.

[This message has been edited by snapper (edited April 15, 2010).]

JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
Slightly off-topic but: Does anyone know what happened to the WOTF message board? Every time I've tried to go there today, I've gotten a "page not found" message. Did it move?
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but I have emailed Joni to ask.
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.