Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » The Making of a Book Cover

Author Topic: The Making of a Book Cover
Kitti
Member # 7277

- posted      Profile for Kitti   Email Kitti         Edit/Delete Post 
This (short) video is from the Huffington Post, on the making of a book cover. Kinda cool. Makes me want to start playing around in Photoshop...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/08/book-cover-design-in-two_n_490546.html

Posts: 715 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RationalDelirium
Member # 9019

- posted      Profile for RationalDelirium   Email RationalDelirium         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that WAS cool. I kinda wondered where they came from.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a neat video. I have to say I loved the cover for the first book in that series, Soulless, and it played a big part in my decision to buy it. And it was worth it: The novel is a heck of a lot of fun to read.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Wicked!

I am certain that will be the theme of my dream tonight if I ever go to sleep. The music was too melodic, I am still hypnotized.

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andersonmcdonald
Member # 8641

- posted      Profile for andersonmcdonald   Email andersonmcdonald         Edit/Delete Post 
You CAN'T go to sleep Bent Tree! Not until you finish critiquing those chapters I sent you! LOL. I'm kidding. Take your time.
Posts: 456 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billawaboy
Member # 8182

- posted      Profile for billawaboy   Email billawaboy         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Were the original images from the internet - or did they own copyright?

This video reminded me of that awesome documentary BARAKA. One of the coolest documentaries in existence.

Posts: 342 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post 
Step AWAY from the computer... leave the photoshop work to the pros!

Seriously, I deal daily at work with customer files when the customer tries to provide their own artwork for printing. It's a mess. A sign you should leave it to the pros if you don't know what any of the following means: 1) CMYK 2) DPI 3) gripper 4) separation 5) bleed.

Posts: 2026 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitti
Member # 7277

- posted      Profile for Kitti   Email Kitti         Edit/Delete Post 
I only got 4/5... I'm such a semi-pro :P
Posts: 715 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto what Elan said. Writing the story is your expertise, designing the cover is someone else's. You want a pro doing it.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billawaboy
Member # 8182

- posted      Profile for billawaboy   Email billawaboy         Edit/Delete Post 
why discourage people? - everyone has to start somewhere...
Posts: 342 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.