Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Editing Challenge.

Author Topic: Editing Challenge.
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
I have issues with second drafts. I write a first draft, like it, but then I'm never quite sure how to connect the dots from first draft to publishable.

If you too have second-drafts-suck-itis, then pop on over to the writing challenge section of the site.

If edits are your thing, then pop on over so you can crush the rest of us with the mighty power of your red pen.

Either way,
http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum7/HTML/000159.html
~Sheena

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited March 09, 2010).]

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotta say that our most recent challenge was heaps of fun, a great way to get writing, get some early feedback and get a head-start into writing something publishable. This one sounds like it'll be a blast too.
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm so glad someone else has second-drafts-suck-itis. I thought I was the only one.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andersonmcdonald
Member # 8641

- posted      Profile for andersonmcdonald   Email andersonmcdonald         Edit/Delete Post 
What if you have first-draft suck-itis??
Posts: 456 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
Freud would have a field day with me. My eyes inverted the 'i' and 't' in itis.

You so wanted to know.

:/

Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andersonmcdonald
Member # 8641

- posted      Profile for andersonmcdonald   Email andersonmcdonald         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's past your bed-time BenM
Posts: 456 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.