Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Superstars Writing Seminars & Fire Petal workshop

Author Topic: Superstars Writing Seminars & Fire Petal workshop
Gan
Member # 8405

- posted      Profile for Gan   Email Gan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks.

I noticed in one of David Farland's daily kicks that some kind of writing superstars DVD/MP3 set is available. I know most of the authors in the seminar, and know their work to be quite good.

Have any of you seen/heard these, and if so, were they worth the price tag? I'm sure they're good -- But $150 for some MP3's seems a bit steep (Of course, this is coming from a broke college student)

What are your thoughts?

Link here: http://www.writerscanon.com/

I was also curious if anyone had attended the Fire Petal Books writing retreat (Or knew anything about the editor's/authors involved). Given it's close to my home, it would be a grand opportunity. That said, I don't want to spend money unless the instructors truly know what they're doing. (This isn't meant to be a diss on Fire Petal Books -- I'm simply uninformed)

Thanks folks.

P.S: I just noticed on John Browns site a conference is being held at the Utah Valley University. Man, it seems like Utah is an excellent place for a writer.

Posts: 260 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, nice videos. Learned a lot.
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.