Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » conventions

Author Topic: conventions
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
Posting the link for Locus Online Convention Listings.

Anyone know of any good ones in the Michigan (preferred) - Chicago - Ohio area? I see Context 24 in Colombus, but don't know anything about it.

Are there more notable conventions than what is posted on this link?

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

Thanks for the list. One or two I might be able to go but they need to move one or start their own here. We now have all kinds of nice hotels and restaurants. Not to mention one of the better new event centers.

I won't be going to the one you asked about, wrong state but it would be nice to be able to go to one.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
There's one in Sarnia, wordcaster. Just across from Port Huron on the 16th of April.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Worldcon will be in Chicago in 2012

I am going to Worldcon Renovation this year. Its my first one so I am excited.

[This message has been edited by EVOC (edited March 26, 2011).]

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't see the Comic-con at San Diego there but that con may not do much on writing even though I know they have had some on panels that subject.
Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Context is a great convention for writers. They have several different workshops, and they are great people. I attended a couple of years ago and ran some "lucky 13" workshops for them--bet you all can guess what those might be like --and they took very good care of me.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for mentioning Genrecon, Snapper. I wouldn't have thought of looking up Ontario conferences. I just got off the phone signing up. It sounds really good -- especially for free.

I am also going to sign up for an SCBWI conference -- Craftfest in Ann Arbor. There is an intensive novel-writing workshop, which should pertain to both MG and YA.

Let me know if anyone is planning on attending either of these conferences and wants to meet.

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

Boooooo. I just found out the scbwi conference is all booked. I traded emails with the conference cochair and it sounds entirely up my alley. Drat!

I remember other threads about scbwi conferences. I can't speak for how good they are, but this one looked great. 30 people per intensive workshop, lasts all day, and you are supposed to bring a notebook and your WIPs to share and work on. This one had adult/ya/mg writer Pete Hautman as the facilitator.

I am going to need help to get to the next level in my writing, I'm afraid. Unfortunately, it will have to be found elsewhere.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.