Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did you write? April 11, 2011

Author Topic: Did you write? April 11, 2011
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you write? April 11, 2011

I don't have time to do my normal long note.
This note a place to tell about what is going on in your life. Each week, you have the opportunity to tell about what you are writing, or why you did not have the chance to write. those of us who write less than twice a month is supposed to be shamed into writing just so you can announce that you actually wrote. It works best if you post here every week.

check on previous weeks for the whole list of what is writing. If you have to ask if it is writing, the answer is yes. How much does not matter either as long as you made an attempt to write.

As for me, I don't have a word count but I did write this past week. My writing partner is talking with me about my Waxy 2 story. It needs work. I added a little more to my Waxy three but that is feeling satisfying.

I am keeping up on the story ideas. I dug a little deeper into the compost pile but added some new ones since.

This weekend, I dug out all my woodworking for the art show. If the weather is good, I am supposed to get two tables since I will be outside. I came to the surprised conclusion that all my presentable work will fit on the table with room to spare. It does not help that I get about eight hours a week on my woodworking projects and not all of that time is woodworking.
I had finished my second fairy carving of the year last weekend. I showed it to someone and they called my King Frog a turtle. That was one too many times people have called it that. I took a frog I carved in 2000, which was carving #11, and made him a king frog. No one will call him a turtle.

I can honestly say

YES I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmeadors
Member # 6378

- posted      Profile for mrmeadors   Email mrmeadors         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote. But now I have to rewrite . I finished my first draft of a short story, and did a couple blog posts. Then my husband and a couple other read my story and half thought it was wonderful, and the other half (husband included) thought that it was...well, it definitely needed some serious work. So now I know what I will be doing this week!

Mel

Posts: 223 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Still in revision mode on BLOOD WILL TELL, but it's starting to move a lot faster.

And not two but three blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a very strange writing week for me.

It came completely out of left field. I got so frustrated with my amateur short story and abandoned it (got past the murky middle and didn't like the stains on my clothes). There's about 7k down the drain for now.

I wrote 1 pitiful chapter of my MG novel (which is still going strong).

Updated my blog with a new title and new entries.

And, oh yeah, I have totally been swallowed into poetry. Read 1/2 of THE ODE LESS TRAVELLED, read several poems and even wrote a couple. Maybe it's because it's new, but I am totally loving poetry right now and will likely add it to my writing mix.

Edited to add: I just read all of the ODE LESS TRAVELED -- great read to learn about poetry.

[This message has been edited by Wordcaster (edited April 11, 2011).]

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, got another 8k in on Elemental. Still going strong, looking forward to the next section that I'm hoping to start and wrap up this week. By the end of this week, I should be in the halfway-done range. You never know for sure until it's done, but the feeling of being in the vicinity will be wonderful enough, even without absolute certainty.

-Julie T.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

Yes I wrote.

Some on New Mage, but not as much as I could have.

A bunch on "Storm Born".

Did some revising on "Bright Lights" but again not as much as I could have.

Started, my next non human story. I think I said that last week but am continuing on it. Even though it seems to be going okay I'm not sure if I have it the way I want it. It's a Urban Fantasy and the good guy wizard figures out who is talking to him and asks for help to solve a murder that shouldn't have been able to happen. But I think the problem should be to catch the murderer more than figure out how it was done.

I wrote a crit or two.

Typed out some post for here.

Wrote a couple of posts for my blog
and welcomed my third follower. But I still need to post a story. I know the story but I keep forgetting to post it.

Thinks that was all the writing.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

I mostly focused on my YA series, but I also managed to work in a new Bloggathah entry.

S!
S!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
I am about to start my writing for the night. Working on starting a novel. It is a rewrite of a years earlier draft.

Also got another rejection on one short story and sent it back out to another market.

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Not much. A little revising, less even than last week.

I mentioned I had one more story in my revision queue. It's a story with extended flashbacks...and I was thinking of putting together a version without the flashbacks and then revising that. And that's intimidating to me.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

- posted      Profile for pdblake   Email pdblake         Edit/Delete Post 
Not as much as usual. Gone down to about 500 words a day, but I'm working on a short while I plot the next novel, edit the one before last and do a bit of blogging. Should get going again in a few weeks though.
Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beginning to think I suffer from novel-ending-itis. Certainly there have been other factors - a lot of stress at work and a couple of days where I wasn't well, but progress has really taken a dive compared to my goals. Only a little over 3k this last week. Still, it's progress, and every page moves us forward.
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akeenedesign
Member # 7816

- posted      Profile for akeenedesign   Email akeenedesign         Edit/Delete Post 
I did a lot of travel this weekend, and the plane rides were surprisingly productive. It helped that I had a kid sitting next to me on the second flight, who was precisely the kind of kid I would want to read my story. Even though he wasn't paying any kind of attention to me, I imagined him reading my story as I wrote it and it made it really enjoyable, affecting my writing for the better.
Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, I actually wrote something.
First time in a long time.

Finished a 5k short story.

This is what happens when you outline... and your wife takes the baby to her folks to visit for the night.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.