Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Page Numbering

Author Topic: Page Numbering
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
So first off the good news, I just finished revising my story and am ready to send it in. YAY!

Now the question: I seem to recall there being a way to have the word processor automatically put page numbers at the top right-hand edge of the page, but I spent like a half hour looking for it a couple days ago, in the meantime fouling up my manuscript by trying other things in the hopes they would do it. I eventually had to exit without saving, frustrated at losing like ten pages worth of revisions.

So is there a way to have Openoffice automatically supply the page number in the top right of the page? Or even better the page number on the right and my name and whatnot on the left? I need to give the good publishers what they ask for.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Not on each page---for the first page, it's name-and-address in the left, wordcount on the right, title more-or-less in the middle, and the first thirteen at the bottom. (That's where that comes from.)

For the rest of the pages, just something on the right: Your [Last] Name / Story Title [or Title Keyword if the title is long) / Page Number.

Wish I could help you with Openoffice, but I do my writing these days on Microsoft Works Word Processor.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
This would likely be in
INSERT
HEADER

Then page number is
INSERT
FIELDS
PAGE NUMBER and PAGE COUNT

Hopes this helps.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yep that did the trick, thanks.

Now to sort out the printing :/.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.