Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Agents Day

Author Topic: Agents Day
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
On my way to Agent's Day in less than an hour.

Wish me luck.

Full report tonight or tomorrow.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!

You know, I was in the LA area all last weekend and will be there all next weekend but all the cool stuff is going on this weekend!!!

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonderbus
Member # 9494

- posted      Profile for Wonderbus   Email Wonderbus         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Meredith, I'll be interested to see how the day went.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Meredith!!!
Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foste
Member # 8892

- posted      Profile for Foste   Email Foste         Edit/Delete Post 
Go go Meredith!
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcavonpark
Member # 9508

- posted      Profile for jcavonpark   Email jcavonpark         Edit/Delete Post 
Be sure to tell us how it goes!!
Posts: 86 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

Very interesting day. I'll save a more complete run down for tomorrow.

But part of this conference was a critique of the first ten pages plus a one page synopsis. Each agent would choose one writer from those they critiqued to talk to individually.

MAGE STORM got picked!

After our talk, I was invited to make a few revisions an submit the full!

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foste
Member # 8892

- posted      Profile for Foste   Email Foste         Edit/Delete Post 
Meredith...

CONGRATULATIONS! You're slowly fighting your way to publication here! Yay!

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Meredith!!!!
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnColgrove
Member # 9236

- posted      Profile for JohnColgrove   Email JohnColgrove         Edit/Delete Post 
Grats!

On a side note, I didn't know there was such a thing as Agents Day

Posts: 174 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
Grats on passing the first hurdle Meredith! Hope it goes well for you in later stages too.

[This message has been edited by Natej11 (edited May 14, 2011).]

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post 
YAY, Meredith.

You so deserve it!!!

[This message has been edited by MAP (edited May 14, 2011).]

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow-we! Big news!!!!
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

On a side note, I didn't know there was such a thing as Agents Day

I didn't either until Meredith started to talk about it. But evidently it's just in one location.

And before I forget Congrats Meredith... Niice.

Hope, it goes to the next stage and the one after that---until we see it on a bookstore shelf. But when it does do you realize what you did to yourself??? I mean you're going to have to sign a book for each one of us. And the number of us keeps growing even if a couple dropped off.

[This message has been edited by LDWriter2 (edited May 15, 2011).]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnColgrove
Member # 9236

- posted      Profile for JohnColgrove   Email JohnColgrove         Edit/Delete Post 
There's what like 4000 people on the forums... Thats a lot of books to give away haha
Posts: 174 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

In the interest of efficiency. I'm just going to post a link to my blog entry about yesterday, about who spoke and the topics covered.

Agents Day

Wonderbus
Member # 9494

- posted      Profile for Wonderbus   Email Wonderbus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have my fingers crossed for you! I really admire how you work at your books, hope it all works out.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Meredith! I hope this turns out to be one of those uber success stories
Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic Meredith -- you are well-deserving.

There is another lesson to be learned here -- this opportunity came because you ventured out to a venue such as this and met with people. I wonder if the agent would have been as interested if he/she had received a query letter at random.

Hopefully this will lead you toward publication.

GOod work!

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.