Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » David Farland's NEW YA Writing Workshop

Author Topic: David Farland's NEW YA Writing Workshop
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Fresh off his YA novel NIGHTINGALE, David Farland is offering a new YA writers workshop March 5-9, 2012 in St. George, Utah.

I am seriously considering attending--but then I am addicted to St. George. This would be my 4th time there in a little over a year.

http://davidfarland.net/writingworkshops/outlines/

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeetahWest
Member # 9402

- posted      Profile for LeetahWest   Email LeetahWest         Edit/Delete Post 
I was interested until I saw the price tag. Not in my budget this year. I would rather save the money to try and get into one of OSC's workshops.

Too bad though. It could have been fun and I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel since my in-laws live there.

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I've thought about about doing YA and actually may have one YA novel and a couple stories that could be but in either case this one would be a bit far away for me.

I would to go to OSC's -I would love to know if I could get in-- but it's a bit to far too. That raises the price a bunch.

For some reason I was thinking he also had one in Calif, but that might be Clarion. Someone had one here.

I would also love to go to one of Dean Wesley Smith's workshops, he has a new one(I think it's new) for people who are serious enough to have written one million words. It's significantly closer.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Ive been to OSCs Boot Camp and to three of David Farlands week long workshops...they are BOTH worth the price of admission...and boarding...and travel...and food...yeah, any workshop can get expensive.
Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.