Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - December 24, 2012

Author Topic: Did You Write - December 24, 2012
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy and Merry to everyone!

It's that time of the week again, time for the kick in the pants. The idea is that having somewhere to report progress will spur you on to make some. So I'm posing the question to all of us here. Did you write this week? As we have been reminded in the past, writing for the purposes of this thread can mean just about anything you want. You did some editing? Report it here. Outlining, pre-writing or any other kind of prep work? Sure, that counts too. And, of course, writing new work always counts.

I started (and restarted) Unmasked. I was struggling a bit to find the MC's voice in the first couple of chapters, but I think I've got it now. Certainly yesterday was the best day of writing I'd had all week. I'm up to 17,644 with it as of last night, which doesn't include the almost 2400 I junked, plus some editing I had to do to get the opening chapters to work properly. Still, not a bad week, all told.

Beyond that, I did a few blog posts, including a Next Big Thing one for the sequel to my first published novel. I'm hoping to get that out early in the new year. *fingers crossed*

That's about it, as I've been trying to balance new work with a bit of promo for my published novel.

How about everyone else? Did you write?

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Not as much as usual.

However, I did do some work on a short story and revisions on the beginning of MAGE STORM.

Also a crit (which I really need to return [Frown] ) and two blog posts (although I'm not sure that last one counts for much.)

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Not this week---this time, it was Christmas prep that did me in. But that's all over after tomorrow---even during tomorrow, where I have some free time, and maybe, maybe, I'll get something done.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep I did.

Started and finished one story I will be sending to onthepremises.com for their holiday contest.

Started the revision of another story one about Leprechauns and Gnomes with a female Troll thrown in for good measure. It's my third or fourth story with gnomes but the first one revised.

Worked on my NaNo novel. I started a new chapter for it. It's at least half way done--that depends on how long a battle goes and any revelations I can think of for my MC.

Did a few posts here and on another forum.

Did an outline for a novel I won't be doing--it was for Dean Wesley Smith's Online workshop. He showed us a painting and we were suppose to come up with the idea, setting, main character, Main and lesser problems for the MC and an ending.

Three or four posts here
http://musingsofle.blogspot.com

Which includes Why Christmas? and an update Dec 22
about my writing.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.