Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - March 4, 2013

Author Topic: Did You Write - March 4, 2013
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's that time of the week again, time for the kick in the pants. The idea is that having somewhere to report progress will spur you on to make some. So I'm posing the question to all of us here. Did you write this week? As we have been reminded in the past, writing for the purposes of this thread can mean just about anything you want. You did some editing? Report it here. Outlining, pre-writing or any other kind of prep work? Sure, that counts too. And, of course, writing new work always counts.

Wow, what a weekend. I hadn't planned to write. I had planned to tackle more of my mountain of editing that I need to get done. Really. Then I got home from work on Friday and checked over an outline for a novella in the world of my first trilogy. That's all I was going to do. The story was screaming to be written and #writeclub was going on on Twitter. I wrote. I wrote 24, 254 words between Friday, Saturday and Sunday, breaking a new one day total record yesterday. 9322 words. I don't know how I still have any words today. I really don't. I think it'll take me a couple days more to finish this one, but who knows. It's close. )

Other than that, I did some notes on various ideas and made some blog posts.

How about you? Did you write?

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
@Heresy - Great work on a super-productive weekend!

I got to 22,000 words. Finished the first draft of my novel. Now it's on to rewrites.

[ March 04, 2013, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Owasm ]

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I wrote, although not that much. [Smile]

Started on something new, probably a novella, with the working title "Magic and Power".

Also a full novel crit and two blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Still working on that supposed-loosening-up nonsense verse...twenty or thirty pages (I haven't counted, but I do two or three pages of it a day). Sometime in the next two days---my days off from work-that-pays---I'll start thumbing through it to look for anything really interesting.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
On a rewrite for my space opera/mythology novella. Wrote maybe 7-8k.

Deciding whether to start on book 2, revisit my MG heroic fantasy that I shelved, or start a new short story once I'm done with the rewrite.

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Owasm! [Smile] I think I'm still a bit in shock over yesterday. [Smile]

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I did.

On short stories galore--including flash and a mini story for a contest.

Posts here, on another forum, E-mails, Google + and HERE

One crit.

Revising two stories. My Q2 tale and one I want to send out next Saturday--wrote it months ago and I've learned a couple things about writing since. It's a simple, cliche-ish tale so it probably won't go far even though it's gotten a bit more complicated.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did. Two posts on my blog HERE and work on an entry for my website about finding your story's premise, what it is and why it is so important.

Oh, yeah. A post here and there here.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
wrote THE END on another story. It is a crappy first draft and about three thousand words too long, but THE END is wonderful to write.
Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.