Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - April 1, 2013

Author Topic: Did You Write - April 1, 2013
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
No April Fools jokes on this one, guys. [Wink]

It's that time of the week again, time for the kick in the pants. The idea is that having somewhere to report progress will spur you on to make some. So I'm posing the question to all of us here. Did you write this week? As we have been reminded in the past, writing for the purposes of this thread can mean just about anything you want. You did some editing? Report it here. Outlining, pre-writing or any other kind of prep work? Sure, that counts too. And, of course, writing new work always counts.

I managed to finish my novella, giving me about 9k written last week. I also completed my outline for my next novel, What Lies Beneath, and have made the insane decision to do NaNo this month. All this and I just got back from the con. Oh well, sanity is highly overrated.

I also did a couple of blog posts, including one about doing things that scare you because they help you grow. I've been criting a novel for a friend and got some progress on that as well.

That's it for me. How about you? Did you write?

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

- posted      Profile for pdblake   Email pdblake         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a bit of blogging. I've been off work for the last week and spent what time I could with the kids and the allotment. Though I have joined in the latest challenge.
Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I wrote. Primarily on "Magic and Power". Also some rethinking of this and another story.

Also two blog posts and a review. Got another review and a load of crits coming up. [Smile]

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Polished up my WotF entry. Little else.
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I took that poem / lyric that I've been moaning over lo! these past few months, integrated it into my story, rewrote some of the lyric and some of the story...and, finally, I'm done with it. I'll be submitting it somewhere shortly (delayed 'cause I didn't have the stamps for the envelope.)

Meanwhile, in other writing news...normally I don't bring up my past Internet Fan Fiction writing [much]...but I just learned the website that lured me in, where the bulk of my fanfic work was posted, is calling it quits after some fifteen years of [on-and-off] activity. My stuff is [mostly] available here and there elsewhere, but, like I said, this is the one that lured me in, and I feel sadness at the demise.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to format and prepare Athame for Createspace.

Argh.

Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregg L
Member # 9970

- posted      Profile for Gregg L   Email Gregg L         Edit/Delete Post 
Two flash stories and editing a book lengh story. Edited and subimtted short and one of the flash stories. Side note, my wife dislikes the submitted flash, saying it is too dark
Posts: 42 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
While trying to develop the 'history' for my dystopian novel I wrote a couple of entries for the current in medias res hook challenge; and couldn't stop thinking about one of them.

So, am now working on developing that story and suspect my dystopian novel may be the novel that never gets finished.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.