Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - June 3, 2013

Author Topic: Did You Write - June 3, 2013
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's that time of the week again, time for the kick in the pants. The idea is that having somewhere to report progress will spur you on to make some. So I'm posing the question to all of us here. Did you write this week? As we have been reminded in the past, writing for the purposes of this thread can mean just about anything you want. You did some editing? Report it here. Outlining, pre-writing or any other kind of prep work? Sure, that counts too. And, of course, writing new work always counts.

I finished the edit for Possession, handed it off to my editor. Also got my cover artist working on the cover for that book. I rewrote a short story from the ground up because it wasn't working. It's now in the hands of a test reader. Hoping to have it done and in before the June 10th deadline. It seems doable.

I'm now into revising a novella that takes place in the same universe as Possession. I'd done the markups, but got sidetracked by the novel's revisions and short story deadlines. I'm back at it though and hoping to have it to test readers by July at the latest. I kind of want to clear the decks for that month, since I'm already planning to do Camp NaNo then.

I got jumped by a couple of plot bunnies and an older one woke up and took a bite out of my brain. It's interesting stuff, partly inspired by a couple of specific songs that seem to tie into what I wanted to do with this story. It's a long way from writing though.

A few blog posts rounded out my week.

How about you? Did you write?

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
No. About five weeks ago, the family matriarch went into a long term care facility. Ever since then we have been sorting and shoveling, both literally and figuratively, the mess she left behind. It will be a while before I do any serious writing.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Finished up the first draft of MAGIC AND POWER and closed the file (for now). I'm now in revision mode on BLOOD IS THICKER. Acually, right now I'm in the middle of completely revising/rewriting one chapter--which will impact at least parts of the plot from now on. [Smile]

Also completed a couple of crits and two blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
The cold I had blew up and lasted until, well, right now, kind of. That wiped out Monday through Friday, as I was really down for the count---I missed work, spent most of the time in bed trying to sleep. Saturday and Sunday I was able to pick up the pace, aided enormously by the fact that I have a real clear idea of what I intended to write---it came out fast.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes...a bit.

Did the final proofread and tweaking of my WOTF Q3 short story entry and submitted it. Can I can pull off another Finalist this year? Odds are..."You kidding? No way."

But as the lottery man on television says, "You can't win if you don't play."

Also wrote a couple hundred words more of the last third of a novelette/novella that takes place in the same world as my WOTF Q3 entry. If I can keep it below 17K (it will be close), I should have it ready for Q4.

Looking forward to next week when I have 4-5 days set aside for writing and relaxing and recovering.

And Louis (LDWriter) has rekindled my interest in re-reading, tweaking, and re-querying my Kabbalist novel.

Sheol, if he still fondly recalls its opening chapters after two years during which I have mostly forgotten about it, it may be worth a relooksie.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.