Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » New First 13 challenge!

Author Topic: New First 13 challenge!
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
I've started a fresh writing challenge. This is a quick First 13 challenge with a location for a trigger - the city of Hebora. Where is Hebora? Anywhere and any time you choose it to be.

The deadline is October 25th. No stories, just first 13s.

Here is the link: Hebora Challenge Entry Page

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reziac
Member # 9345

- posted      Profile for Reziac   Email Reziac         Edit/Delete Post 
So here I am lost in the desert, and Hebora is still nowhere in sight.

[Wink]

Posts: 782 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reziac:
So here I am lost in the desert, and Hebora is still nowhere in sight.

[Wink]

Hey, you went over. That's fifteen words.

[Razz]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reziac
Member # 9345

- posted      Profile for Reziac   Email Reziac         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmph. Shoulda used contractions. [Confused]

But that brings to mind... a chain project, where everyone must add 13 words, no more, no less, using the last word of the previous post as their first word.

Yes, I'm always full of weird ideas; why do you ask? [Smile]

Posts: 782 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattLeo
Member # 9331

- posted      Profile for MattLeo   Email MattLeo         Edit/Delete Post 
How about a chain *contest*, in which we vote for the next 13 words?

Let's say the winner of each round gets to add 130 words to the story.

Posts: 1459 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously people, it's a good challenge. We need more entries, so get writing!
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds tempting.

Except I don't do challenges anymore--I was going to say that I would be too busy for this one anyway but than again...it's only 13 lines. Do that standing on my head--even without a safety helmet.

I know many of the others here like the challenges and as I said it's only 13 lines. Go For It. [Wink]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

Bump

Fourteen scintillating entries! Three days to go counting what few hours are left on Wed, 10/23! Get your entries in now! Make your way to Hebora and win!

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legolasgalactica
Member # 10087

- posted      Profile for legolasgalactica   Email legolasgalactica         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the prize?
Posts: 164 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by legolasgalactica:
What's the prize?

A digital olive branch wreath.
Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of a digital laurel wreath. Whatever it will be, will be a virtual presentation of superiority over one's peers.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.