Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - January 13, 2014

Author Topic: Did You Write - January 13, 2014
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's that time of the week again, time for the kick in the pants. The idea is that having somewhere to report progress will spur you on to make some. So I'm posing the question to all of us here. Did you write this week? As we have been reminded in the past, writing for the purposes of this thread can mean just about anything you want. You did some editing? Report it here. Outlining, pre-writing or any other kind of prep work? Sure, that counts too. And, of course, writing new work always counts.

I finally fixed the ending of my outline for my next novel. I also got an idea for a short story in the same world, and one for totally separate story.

The week was productive on other fronts though, mostly in preparation for today's release of my third book, The Nine.

That's it for me. How about you? Did you write?

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've been working on revisions to MAGE STORM suggested by my Pitch Wars mentor. (The ones I agree with.)

Also, I've been jotting down notes for a new idea that popped into my head a couple of days ago. A sequel to MAGIC AND POWER (or at least set in the same world).

And a couple of crits and several blog posts (some for a blog tour).

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a nice stack of papers that are story ideas that need to be written up. I have no idea when I will get back to writing them. At the moment, I am doing well to come up with two ideas a week, as opposed to an idea a day like I used to.
The only "writing" I actually did was to type in a story idea on my laptop while petting the kitty cat under the awning out back of Mom's house. I had found what the kitty really liked and she melted. It was weird to have a furry puddle of cat on my lap. Only when my left hand stopped petting her to touch the keyboard did a paw reform and reach for my hand to bring it back. Finally it was only when I concentrated on typing, that she solidified into a whole cat and hopped off my lap,

I've been too busy to do more than that. This week does not look too much better.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. Still down...that lingering illness of last week and extreme busy-ness. Plus I think my novel no longer has my favor...though I'm still pondering just rewriting the start and plotting it out better than I had.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I did.

Worked on my steampunk Sp Ops series of stories. Finished one, started another that goes into my detail about the private life or my MC even though there is a bank robbery in his home town he has to stop and there's that dinner with a friend of his mother's who has a daughter coming by to visit.

Working on making his cliche-ish mother not sound so much that way or sound like me.

Finished my 31,000 word UF story and started another with the same character. Gets into his thinking and dating life a bit more than the others. He tells of saving a horse from a griffin and goes into more detail about how a group of Tinker Bell type fairies try to tip over the carriage he and his girl friend are riding in into the snow. She does not want to get wet.

A post here http://musingsofle.blogspot.com

A few notes and posts here, on the WotF forum and Google+

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
Not this week...play rehearsals (high school theater teacher). Some day, my auto biography will be titled "I Can't; I Have Rehearsal."

But I have actually been doing some research for a story, every night, so I guess I can count that. The story takes place in East Germany before the wall came down, and I've been reading up on that.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Only a few words this week. I'm involved finishing a five novel series and it's taking way too much of my time.
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uley Bauer
Member # 10219

- posted      Profile for Uley Bauer   Email Uley Bauer         Edit/Delete Post 
Started a "Marketing Journal" last week. Didn't really know what it was until the light bulb glowed. It has some definite planning already to give it a jump-start and that's all. Do intend to keep you all posted. Regards
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.