Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - March 03, 2014

Author Topic: Did You Write - March 03, 2014
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
Another week has come. Now is a time to tell about your successes, cry about your failures, and otherwise tell about what is going on.

What ever you think is writing, counts. Editing, blogging, new writing, BBS posts, E-mails as long as they are wordy and pertain to writing or story, or anything else you can think of to count as writing.

On one of my stories, I wrote about one paragraph as I was waiting for glue to dry on several of my woodworking projects. The lighting made my little laptop hard to see.

I am doing an art show next weekend, on Sunday. I will be showing off my woodworking I have done over the years. It is more a "be seen" show then a "sale" show.
I don't mention it, but I do a blog post on my woodworking weekends so that is also writing. I usually don't count it for myself, though...

I am hoping to get some writing done this week. some time eating items are done so they don't have to be done again.

So the question
DID YOU WRITE?
I will say Yes.

how about you?

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
I entered woodworking wares in two shows so far this season. The first show the wares were selected by the jury as premiere pieces and I sold out. The second show opens Friday. I have a single, large installation item for it. It too was jury selected as one of thirty for exhibit, from among hundreds.

I wrote too, between editing work and activities of daily living. These past few weeks' work has been busy; I still manage a few hours a day writing and a few hours a day composing mentally.

On schedule this year for all my art plans.

[ March 03, 2014, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: extrinsic ]

Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
My art this week was relegated to re-doing the cover illustration for the up-coming release of my novel Warrior Mage. I've written a bit more on the draft of volume four of my Warstone Quartet. I also had to reconstruct my author website which involved writing new blurbs for my books on various pages.
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I wrote. Some on a new chapter for the rewrite portion of DREAMER'S ROSE and some on the rewrite of THE IGNORED PROPHECY. Also a bit on the query pitch for GREEN MAGIC (MAGIC AND POWER).

Also working on a full-novel crit and two blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfCreature
Member # 9486

- posted      Profile for WolfCreature   Email WolfCreature         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a 20 page one-act play in about 24 total hours (which included a 14 hour marathon writing session in order to make the deadline for submission) In my research into the subject of the play, I came across an editorial on the topic that so infuriated me that I took every sentence of the editorial, inserted them into an excel spreadsheet and broke down each sentence to examine how the author built their conclusion. I then proceeded to rip the editorial to shreds in my response. This is only the second time I have ever responded to newspaper editorial. Zeus knows what muse got into me, because after this, I could not contain my opinions on other unrelated subjects. I then proceeded to write not only commentary but funny little stories in response to Facebook posts made by friends.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Another down week...but this time I was incapacitatingly ill. Monday morning to Sunday night, essentially. That lingering cold from last month---the month before, now---flared up big time, wiping me out, making me miss work, making me a public problem when I was at work. Lots of mucus, some vomiting. I managed to get back to what I was before the flareup right now, but writing stays on the backburner.

(Especially since I'm still trying to think of something to write about.)

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Nowall:

(Especially since I'm still trying to think of something to write about.)

Write about a debilitating disease sweeping through an interstellar community and trying to find how to stop it, or even how it is being spread. It either spreads on contact but symptoms don't show for years, or it is an alien spirit being laying eggs in people as it travels through the stars.
use what you have as a foundation of the effects.

Just a thought.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.