Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » February 29, 2016, Did You Write?

Author Topic: February 29, 2016, Did You Write?
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
It is that time again to where we brag about our accomplishments and cry about our failures, and otherwise tell about what is going on in our lives.

As to what is writing, it is really up to you. We all know new writing is writing. Editing is also writing, even when it is just checking for misplaced words. Blog posts and articles are also writing. E-mails can also be writing if they are wordy and pertain to writing. If you think it is writing, it is.

Keep in mind that even one word added to a story can be writing, if it is the right word. Removing one word from a story can also be writing if it is the wrong word. How much is actually done is not what is important.

As for me, I did my normal wood working diary post. it is usually between 2000 and 3000 words. I try to explain about some concept to make it more interesting.
I have also touched my story in progress, reading parts of it and changing sentences here and there. tonight I added 100 words. they were scattered through the 6 pages of work so far.
I am finally getting into making large things in wood working. Earlier I started making some Christmas ornaments I could not make last year and the past couple weeks I made some platters. One has a "handle" in the middle. I might make a dip bowl there. I should go to the dollar store and find a small dish and make the bowl to hold that. I am using yellow pine because I love the way that wood looks.

As to the question of the week
I can say
YES, I DID WRITE.

DID YOU WRITE?

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
'Fraid not. Besides being at a low point in writing, I'm having trouble with my computer. [See Random Musings.] That lets out doing much of anything with it till it gets fixed (or fixes itself.)
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Still trying to get to the end of the first draft of WAR OF MAGIC. Looks like that might finally be in sight.

Also a couple of chapters of BECOME.

And two blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a bit sidetracked by things like car trips and weddings so I haven't finished anything, but I've got some research done for a couple of potential nonfiction articles I want to pitch to cracked.com. I've also been doing heavy brainstorming for a short fiction piece and hope to get a first draft out this week.
Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

- posted      Profile for pdblake   Email pdblake         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been working on a novel, doing at least 1k a day. For the past couple of weeks I've been world building for another idea too.
Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.