Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » writing status

Author Topic: writing status
salamanderseven
Member # 11044

- posted      Profile for salamanderseven   Email salamanderseven         Edit/Delete Post 
My writing group and I review our work in progress. We meet at Panera since we were thrown out of the library.

Status

I write everyday for at least an hour.

My issue is that most of it is on paper, and late at night. I don't put enough time and effort to putting the pages of words into the computer file.

Since April I've focused on one story and it's 26k words in the computer file.

Chapters 1, 2, and 4 are computer written and edited. Chapter 3, 5, and 6 have been drafted. The middle plot going forward is being sorted with great difficulty as the scenes are being conceptualized and drafted. Of course the ending is completed.

A

Posts: 11 | Registered: Nov 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you. Keep on writing.
Check out the Novel Support Group down in Hatrack Groups. New post will go up later today.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salamanderseven
Member # 11044

- posted      Profile for salamanderseven   Email salamanderseven         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Meredith. You are a very active writer it appears, good work. I'm glad to be here.

The next few days I need to get through the middle outline. I'm trying to order some of the scenes that need to happen and ensure that the foreshadowing elements are there.

I'm not ready to share details of my awesome sci fi story just yet.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Nov 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MerlionEmrys
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for MerlionEmrys   Email MerlionEmrys         Edit/Delete Post 
Just do whatever Meredith says and you'll be fine [Wink]
Posts: 226 | Registered: Oct 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
Between problem, family illness, and other things, I have accomplished almost nothing.
I finally started writing regularly on my wood working blog about a month ago but still have no time for story writing. Maybe after the first of the year.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.