Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Ways to Critique » Notes on Critiquing

Author Topic: Notes on Critiquing
Christian
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
I found this on the Science Fiction Writers of America website. I think I've seen something similar on this site, but I can't remember where it is so I'm posting this.

These are the critquing rules the SFWA uses, and they look pretty good to me:

http://www.sfwa.org/writing/critiquing.html

Note from Kathleen: this link is now obsolete. Please scroll down for a link to the current list of critiquing guidelines from SFWA.

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited September 03, 2010).]

Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Christian.

If you want to see the other topics on critiquing, you can use the pulldown menu under the POST NEW TOPIC button near the upper right corner of the topic list page.

If you pull down the menu and select SHOW ALL TOPICS, you'll see several topics on critiquing.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian
Member # 7825

Ok...so that's where they went.
So, this will just be our little secret.

Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to post in them again, so they'll be visible. (Wish I knew how to make them "sticky.")
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian
Member # 7825

It's in the code. If you're using javascript to build the page, I would have it hardcoded for certain topics so that they were always visible. I'm not sure who the webmaster is, but (s)he should be able to exempt whatever topics you want from the "vanishing" rule.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Thanks, Christian. I'll ask the techgnomes about it, then.
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... that link doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Help!

Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

You're right, the link is obsolete.

There are several links to critiquing guidelines on this page:

http://www.sfwa.org/category/workshops-and-critique-groups/

PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice. Thanks Kathleen.
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

posting to keep this topic visible

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.