Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » Holders of Urna

Author Topic: Holders of Urna
Jennywinnie
Member # 8510

- posted      Profile for Jennywinnie   Email Jennywinnie         Edit/Delete Post 
So this is in the build up of the climax to my book. I've done my rough draft of about 60,000 words but honestly...it's still too rough to let go. I'm changing plot elements around with every rewrite so I decided to start with the climax and work backwards. Anyone interested in reading the battle scene which builds up to the climax? I'd read anything they needed a look at.
This is Sci-fi Fantasy. It's a battle scene, P'horan is a shape shifting Oracle (spirit protector) who is currently in the form of a white leopard--that's to help with visuals. She's being attacked by over-sized wolves.

Start:

P’horan leapt deftly out from behind, over her head knocking them back with something more than the force of his weight. A few were dazed by the impact; senseless.

His strong feline body had grown in size to match the threat and he circled her defensively with graceful poise. She smiled, distracted by the unexpected power of her secret friend, when his thought roared, ‘Run!’

Her mortal vision caught the shapes which were massing. His urgency was her's and she responded; her body, numb in panic, sprinted for the safety of the budding line of blackened stone. Her courage faltered; it was too far.

When she saw another advance come at her from the side, and then another, all breaking off and ignoring engagement with

[This message has been edited by Jennywinnie (edited September 18, 2010).]

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited September 18, 2010).]

Posts: 70 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the scene. Very tense. May I read the battle scene, too?
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.