Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » Three Blurbs--which one?

Author Topic: Three Blurbs--which one?
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, my E-novel is pretty much ready, just one more spell check, and I decided to do the blurb now. Only problem is that I have three versions I came up with. Busy mind there, anyway I could use some help in deciding which one is better. And how to make that one even better. [Smile]

I think all three would make this note a bit long for this forum so if anyone can read them over I can send them to you. Just let me know here, since my E-mail address is not right here--long story.

Louis

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why they'd make the post long. I've got threads with at least three versions of a query. [Smile]

Or just post them each in their own reply. You'll likely get more eyes on them that way.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Well, I was thinking the idea was to keep the original posts short but I could be wrong. [Smile]

So I will post them at once.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember anything in the Please Read Here First area or in the registration agreement about keeping the original posts short.

Go ahead and post your three blurb versions, LDWriter2.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Well, that is the way I interrupted it the line about only 13 lines. I know what the reason for that is, but it also keeps things shorter.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
The 13-line rule doesn't refer to post length at all, nor does it refer to blurbs or synopses or query letters.

It only refers to material that might be professionally published. All of the above things are not (including blurbs, which are actually written by someone in the publishing house).

Please don't go putting words in my mouth?

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Sorry about that--it just seemed to fit--but sometimes my mind is on something else and not paying full attention to what I think.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.