Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » Rosita (Magic Realism)

Author Topic: Rosita (Magic Realism)
jdb2828
Member # 10382

- posted      Profile for jdb2828           Edit/Delete Post 
When I last saw him alive, Loni’s shirt was white, and his skin was white, and his hair was white from worry. Wrinkles surrounded his eyes, and some pointed down from his mouth, and others made wavy furrows across his brow. When he died, Loni was thirty-seven years old.
We were in the center room on the top level of my house, near the balcony overlooking the courtyard. We did not light lamps for fear of being discovered by my husband. The moonlight lit only one side of Loni’s body, and when he moved in the light, it seemed like he was flickering on the edge of eternity, more dead than alive. Since he died, I have often wondered if he was really there at all, or if his spirit had come to deliver his final words.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a short story or a novel-length work?

Why have you posted your 13 lines in both forums?

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.