Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG--11/27-12/3

Author Topic: NSG--11/27-12/3
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since it hasn't been started yet and it is a holiday weekend, I'll start.

Here's the usual greeting from William:

quote:

Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group (NSG). Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?
Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research
=-=-=-=-=

For myself, I had a pretty good week.

This Week's Goals:

DREAMER'S ROSE: Continue to let this one rest.
I love the easy goals.

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE: Work on this query.
Well, I've changed two sentences so far. I guess that counts.

THE IGNORED PROPHECY: Get this one printed out and into the hands of a reader by Thanksgiving.
I did.

BLOOD WILL TELL: Get through the second revision and give this one to my reader, too.
I did this, too.

SEVEN STARS: No specific goals for this one.
Another easy goal.

OTHER: I still need to work on revisions to my two short stories, Dragons Are Forever and The Seeker, so I can get them out there.
Nope, I didn't touch this.

Next Week's Goals:

DREAMER'S ROSE:
Continue to let this one rest.

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE:
Work on this query. I'd really like to start sending this back out before the first of the year.

THE IGNORED PROPHECY:
Wait for feedback.

BLOOD WILL TELL:
Wait for feedback. Think a little about a possible sequel. I love these characters.

SEVEN STARS:
No specific goals for this one. This is my playground right now. I didn't do much with this last week. Time to get back in the sandbox.

OTHER:
Same as last week. I still need to work on revisions to my two short stories, Dragons Are Forever and The Seeker, so I can get them out there.

==============

Now that people are finishing up NaNo, BLOOD WILL TELL is ready for a chapter exchange if anyone is interested. This one involves a half-werewolf (who is a vegetarian at the new moon), a dragon in disguise, and a serial killer.

[This message has been edited by Meredith (edited November 27, 2009).]

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been messing around since I finished Bellian and haven't made any headway since I arrived at my grandkids' house for Thanksgiving.

I am just about done with my grammar review for Bellian. (mostly just running spellcheck and grammar check in MS Word.

Then I have to start on the first big Panix rewrite for next week.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost done "tearing down the mousetrap", and after reading Writing the Breakout Novel, I feel inspired. But, I'm trying to finish my WotF story, too.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitti
Member # 7277

- posted      Profile for Kitti   Email Kitti         Edit/Delete Post 
I accomplished all my goals for last week, including scraping in over 50K on my nano project. It's a bit anti-climatic, since I know I need to write at least another 30K to finish it, but oh well. It's cool to know that I can write that fast if I ever need to.

Goals for this week:

1) Outline the rest of my NaNo novel then let it sit. There's going to have to be some major work done on this, editing and fixing up the beginning, before I figure out exactly how it ends.

2) Reassess where I am on all my other projects and try to come up with a plan of attack on the various novel pieces I have going.

3) Finish up & submit this quarter's WotF.

Meredith - my computer has to go in to the Computer Doctor this week, so I might not be around much for the next few days, but I'd be interested in starting up a chapter exchange.

Posts: 715 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

quote:
Meredith - my computer has to go in to the Computer Doctor this week, so I might not be around much for the next few days, but I'd be interested in starting up a chapter exchange.

So far my attempts to fix my problem may have made things worse. I can wait for your computer repair while I try to figure out what's going on with mine.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WBSchmidt
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for WBSchmidt   Email WBSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what a busy weekend. I totally forgot about the NSG. Thank you, Meredith for posting.

I did not do any writing over the holidays but I did write some notes down for some ideas on my current book. It may not have been much, but I'm glad to have made even a little progress with my current busy schedule. Not much else to say, unfortunately.

--William

Posts: 354 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post 
It is tough to be productive over thanksgiving week, but I mannaged to make my goals.

Goal for next week: write for a solid hour everyday, no internet, no kids, no editing. My constant editing is really slowing me down. I just want to finish te draft, then edit.

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

@Kitti

We can't start the chapter exchange quite yet, much as I'd like to. I'm answering you here because I'm not replying to e-mails yet. If you haven't seen my post in Grist for the Mill, my computer was infected last week by several very nasty things. I thought I had a handle on it after eight different scans, but no such luck. I'll probably be seeking professional help for my computer, too. I definitely don't think exchanging attachments is a good idea just yet. I still hope to have things fixed soon (preferrably before I lose my mind). I'll let you know.

Kitti
Member # 7277

- posted      Profile for Kitti   Email Kitti         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Gotcha. Bleh, that sucks. Good luck!
Posts: 715 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.