Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Wotf Critique Group -- 2011 Q04 (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Wotf Critique Group -- 2011 Q04
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Public congrats for the ladies!
Coupla firsts here. I'm very excited for you both.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WriterDan
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for WriterDan   Email WriterDan         Edit/Delete Post 
@wirelesslibrarian: I need your name to post by your moniker on the first post of this quarter in the list of our woo-hoos. [Smile]

Congratulations, you two. This quarter was thin for our group, but you kept our heads high.

Posts: 599 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Utahute72
Member # 9057

- posted      Profile for Utahute72   Email Utahute72         Edit/Delete Post 
So it looks like we have two HMs, I got my expected rejection yesterday.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Two things:

Congrats wireless. Good Going, especially this quarter.

And Rats I must have deleted my story Q4, I was going to send it out and I can't find it. I did some "housecleaning" but I was being careful. UGH. And I must have done a great job on it I can't even remember the title. Not right now anyway.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LDWriter2:
Two things:

Congrats wireless. Good Going, especially this quarter.

And Rats I must have deleted my story Q4, I was going to send it out and I can't find it. I did some "housecleaning" but I was being careful. UGH. And I must have done a great job on it I can't even remember the title. Not right now anyway.

I still had your Q4 entry in my crit file. I just sent it to you. Won't be your final edited version, but at least it's not lost.

The title was "Helping Out".

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Thank you Meredith I appreciate that.

However I found it. After I got off line and went off to do something else, I recalled my back up flashdrive---duh. I still ha dto hunt for it. That flashdrive sometimes puts things in strange places, instead of at the end. I swear there aren't any empty spaces but it still manages to find one. Close to the end of a section of pictures of my wife's crafts. I had to go through the list three times to find it.

Since it has a header I assume it's the copy I sent to WotF.

Thanks again though, before I remembered that I was hoping someone might still have it. I still can't believe I deleted it. I deleted the crits I received since I had already used them and some how I must have captured the WotF copy. I thought I was being very careful too.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
This group is awfully quiet. Is anyone still waiting for a response? (BTW, someone on the WotF forum is hinting strongly that the finalists have been notified.)
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
francisbruno
Member # 9505

- posted      Profile for francisbruno   Email francisbruno         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on both boards, but I'm still waiting for a response. I got the initial one that said they had my submission.

I hope they haven't notified the winners since I'm still waiting!

Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wirelesslibrarian
Member # 9513

- posted      Profile for wirelesslibrarian   Email wirelesslibrarian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, got my HM certificate today. Is it too nerdy of me to want it framed and hung in my office?

For all you who still haven't heard from Joni, I'm playing the following on a back channel in my head. Finalist! Finalist! Finalist!

Posts: 108 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
francisbruno
Member # 9505

- posted      Profile for francisbruno   Email francisbruno         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you already know that you received an HM, or were you just notified today? Just trying to figure out if they are still handing them out or if maybe they moved onto semi's and finalists... All speculation at this point, I know.
Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wirelesslibrarian
Member # 9513

- posted      Profile for wirelesslibrarian   Email wirelesslibrarian         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, got an email on November 16.
Posts: 108 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

quote:
Originally posted by wirelesslibrarian:
Hey, got my HM certificate today. Is it too nerdy of me to want it framed and hung in my office?

For all you who still haven't heard from Joni, I'm playing the following on a back channel in my head. Finalist! Finalist! Finalist!

Well, I'm planning to frame mine and hang it over my computer desk to encourage me. I got mine on Friday.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
francisbruno
Member # 9505

Just got the word. I made semi-finalist for this quarter. Time to finish up Q1. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I saw your post on the WotF forum.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Utahute72
Member # 9057

- posted      Profile for Utahute72   Email Utahute72         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Francis.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Indeed Congrats Francis. It's good someone from here got that far as well as good for you. [Smile]

How many people here are still waiting?

JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

Anyone who hasn't heard anything at this point can probably count their entry as a rejection because the HMs, semis and apparently the finalists have all been notified. (Although I might be dead wrong on the finalists because the official announcement hasn't happened yet).

[ December 01, 2011, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: JenniferHicks ]

Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Francis. An awesome effort for a first entry.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wirelesslibrarian
Member # 9513

Kudos, Bruno. I'm green with envy.
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work, francis.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

Congratulations.
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the others. =)
Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thomaskcarpenter
Member # 9192

- posted      Profile for thomaskcarpenter   Email thomaskcarpenter         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job everyone! Even if you got a straight reject like me, the important thing is to keep submitting. [Smile]

And I don't think it's nerdy to frame the HMs. I have my 3 HMs and 1 SHM on my writing wall to remind myself to keep working.

Tom

Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I'll double what Thomas said. Quarter four seems to have been a particularly brutal quarter, but the only way to win is to keep submitting. And if keeps you motivated, I'd frame your certificates. Trina (Genevive on the forum I think) is a professional framer and I know she's chimed in before about what type of backing, etc. to use for your certificates if you want to make sure they last.

Nick

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

Still no announcement of the finalists. I believe they've known for at least two weeks now. I wonder why the hold up.
axeminister
Member # 8991

Posted!
No press release - yet. Just on SFF.net

http://webnews.sff.net/read?cmd=read&group=sff.writing.writersofthefuture&artnum=5892

Axe

genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Contact me if you want info on framing your certificates. Don't use the glass and cardboard that come with pre-made frames, they'll ruin your certificate over time.
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

Here's the winners for Q4 posted.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/1/prweb9120411.htm

Axe

snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
I know of Scott Barnes. He's the editor of NewMyths. He just gave me a personalized rejection of a WotF rejected story. Said it was really, really close.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.