Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG 9/23 - 9/29

Author Topic: NSG 9/23 - 9/29
WBSchmidt
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for WBSchmidt   Email WBSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group (NSG). Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

• What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
  • Describe what you worked on.
  • Set goals for next week.
  • Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

• Writing on a novel
  • Characterization
  • World Building
  • Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

Last Week's Goals

Reading for pleasure has certainly consumed what little free time that I have now. It's good to read for the fun of it. Whenever I'm writing a book, I do very little, if any, reading. I need to do more of this, but I can't forget about the writing.

My goals for next week:

• Read

Continue reading.

What did I learn this week?

Still nothing.

--William

Posts: 354 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Last Week's Goals:

MAGIC'S FOOL (Working Title): Finish Chapter 3.
Not yet.

MAGE STORM: Go over the revision critiques and decide to either start sending queries out again or take another whack at it.
Still working on it.

SEVEN STARS: Incorporate the critiques I've received.
Just about done.

BLOOD WILL TELL: Research more agents for this one. Send out two more queries.
Research no. Two queries yes. And one of them got a call from an agent and a request for the full.

BLOOD IS THICKER: Let's say through Chapter 5 as a goal.
No, but I did finis Chapter 3.
OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes.

What can I say? I kind of got derailed midweek by that phone call.

Next Week's Goals:

On the Shelf:
THE IGNORED PROPHECY
DREAMER'S ROSE

MAGIC'S FOOL (Working Title):
Finish Chapter 3. Really

MAGE STORM:
That agent is interested in this one, too. Start making some revisions to chapters 2 and 3.

SEVEN STARS:
Incorporate the critiques I've received.

BLOOD WILL TELL:
Send out two more queries.

BLOOD IS THICKER:
Write Chapter 4.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

[This message has been edited by Meredith (edited September 23, 2011).]

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmilyS
Member # 9447

- posted      Profile for EmilyS   Email EmilyS         Edit/Delete Post 
I went back over Aydin's first 4 scenes, and I think I got them right this time. Then I revised 2 more, but as I was working on a 3rd, I realized I had missed a good opportunity for showing some of the new political aspects of his character, so now I'm in the midst of rewriting one of those newly revised scenes. I guess this whole revision process is sort of two steps forward, one step back.

I also got a lot of good feedback on my first 3 chapters this week, and I incorporated that.

Next week, I want to finish rewriting my scene, and revise another 4. (Aydin's only got 6 more unrevised scenes, so if I'm really on a roll, I might get to the end).

Posts: 125 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.