Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » WotF Critique Group -- 2012 Q02 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: WotF Critique Group -- 2012 Q02
Utahute72
Member # 9057

- posted      Profile for Utahute72   Email Utahute72         Edit/Delete Post 
So where are you guys seeing these Daily Kicks?
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.davidfarland.net/writing_tips/

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
So you read my pre-edited post LDW? Hmmm, that was one of my best trade secrets on how to get noticed I let spill out there. I got to be more careful in the future.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmeadors
Member # 6378

- posted      Profile for mrmeadors   Email mrmeadors         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it too, Snapper.....but don't worry. I'll never tell.... ;-)
Posts: 223 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

I am suspecting the rest of us will have to query Joni to get the news that we already know.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snapper:
I am suspecting the rest of us will have to query Joni to get the news that we already know.

That's what I'm thinking, too. A few HMs always go astray, so a few of us might get some good news.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
snapper finally responding.

Yes, I did but my first thought was it wasn't doing much good. [Smile]

On WotF anyway.

But I just thought of something, I've never had to bug her to hear something, maybe she just likes talking to you snapper. [Smile]

Or she likes my responses better. [Wink]

[ July 22, 2012, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard from Joni. HM.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Jennifer.
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Grats 2 u!

I thought for sure we'd have more today...

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

Thanks. I'm happy with it. I did pretty well under KDW's reign, but I wasn't so sure about DW. This gives me hope.

Maybe we will see more results today.

snapper
Member # 7299

Oh sure. Tell the pretty girl how she did but leave me on the aussie still guessing. Typical.

Nice work JH.

JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

Pretty? Heh. I could look like the Wicked Witch of the West and you'd never know it.

Joni was also graciously asking after me and my family, to make sure we weren't anywhere near a certain movie theater. I live a half-hour drive from Aurora.

I hope you hear good news soon.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a little confused by snapper's comment. I thought he meant Joni.

But congrats to you Jennifer...and I wouldn't be surprised if he was right. Glad someone here got something or are there people I have forgotten?

But as to the rest of it --- Yikes. Glad you all are okay even though I didn't know you were that close.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

The semifinalists know who they are. At least, a couple of them announced on the WotF forum. If you're still waiting for a response, you might consider shooting Joni an e-mail.
Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are, why create an avalanche of extra queries to Joni, which may only delay her further, when, with so many on the WotF forum still without an answer, its clear that another round of rejections/hms etc are coming. One even had a reply stating she hadn't yet sent a round out. I can be patient for another week yet.
Posts: 789 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

quote:
Pretty? Heh. I could look like the Wicked Witch of the West and you'd never know it.
Oh come on, WWW wasn't that bad. She had pretty eyes. She's confident and lives in a castle with some pretty cool pets - a rich and powerful misguided girl. Sure she's green, but that never stopped Capt Kirk.
axeminister
Member # 8991

Full list posted!

http://www.writersofthefuture.com/node/725

Axe

JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

Congrats to everyone who's on the list, and good luck in Q3.
Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations axe, Jennifer, strycher, TomCarpenter and snapper for your HMs. Anyone else?

Snapper, did you end up querying?

Posts: 789 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

Nope, in fact, your post is the first I've heard of it.

Fully expected a rejection because I opened with a waking up cliche (Merlion, Foste, and everyone else is free to call me a hypocrite now) - which went completely against the Daily Kick In The Pants post.

Congrats to my fellow HMers. Better luck next time for all of us.

JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

Congrats, Snapper. If you haven't already, you should e-mail Joni with your story information so she can send you a certificate.
WriterDan
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for WriterDan   Email WriterDan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

I'm obviously way behind on populating our list of Woo-hoos for this quarter. If any of you got awards/honors for this quarter or quarter 3, could you send me an email with what you got and I'll put it up in the first post? I'll try to go through all the posts and filter the answers, but I'd rather not miss anyone if at all possible. Thanks.

Posts: 599 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.