Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 6/14 - 6/20

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 6/14 - 6/20
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group (NSG). Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me.

Last Week's Goals:

FIRE AND EARTH (formerly known as SEVEN STARS): Continue promoting.
Some. [Smile] Still feeling my way.

BLOOD WILL TELL: Contnue serialization on wattpad to try to create more interest.
Yes. [Smile]

THE BARD'S GIFT: Send out three queries.
Yes. [Smile]

MAGE STORM: Rest. Wait for feedback.
Easy one. [Smile]

MAGIC AND POWER: Rest before starting second draft.
Another easy one. [Smile]

BLOOD IS THICKER: Revise Chapters 24 through 27.
Yes. [Smile]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Wow. All smiley faces. Must have been a pretty decent week. [Big Grin]

Next Week's Goals:

FIRE AND EARTH (formerly known as SEVEN STARS):
Continue promoting.

BLOOD WILL TELL:
Contnue serialization on wattpad to try to create more interest.

THE BARD'S GIFT:
Send out three queries.

MAGE STORM:
Rest. Wait for feedback.

MAGIC AND POWER:
Rest before starting second draft.

BLOOD IS THICKER:
Finish this revision pass.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, lots o smileys!

Me, I just have word count to report. Around 3500, which is a lot for me in a week.

I'm at 4384 for the month. (8000 goal)
So, right on schedule.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy Meredith was busy with novels.

I again, just did a tiny bit of work on that one revision.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah.

I usually post my word count on facebook, since that is where I see most of my friends nowadays. But, since I'm glad to see the group I started still going (makes me feel I've had at least one good idea), I'll add my stats here:

Currently, I have 208,204 words (900 manuscript pages, before chapter-spacing format is calculated), and am at the battle just before the climactic battle. My goal is to end this monstrosity before the end of the month.

I think Meredith is the busiest Hatracker still active on here. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wrote new words in my WIP every day in the last week. I have to write at least 1/2 hour every day. Haven't missed a day (and that 1/2 hour usually stretches itself into an hour or two). I'm about 50,000 words into it. According to my outline, I'm a little aver halfway there.

I found a characterization for an important supporting character that I really like. She was just a talking plot point before (and she was a he), but I figured out who she is and made her female, which has open up a rich vein of interaction with my MC. So, happy to get that important piece of the story locked down.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.