Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » space and stories involving aliens

Author Topic: space and stories involving aliens
arriki
Member # 3079

- posted      Profile for arriki   Email arriki         Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for other writers who prefer to write stories set in the future where space travel is a reality and aliens exist. Is anyone else interested in reading/commenting on such novels? Exchanging such novels?

arriki

[ July 03, 2013, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: arriki ]

Posts: 1580 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I like stories and novels in out space with aliens and such but I don't have any novels like at the moment.

I have one space adventure--Space Opera--but no aliens.

Seems like someone should though,

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbwood
Member # 9525

- posted      Profile for mbwood   Email mbwood         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Arriki;

yep, that's what I write when writing SF (I also write mainstream novels). I have both novels and shorter pieces in the space travel + aliens setting.

Send me an e-mail with your specific ideas on reading / commenting on such novels (how about shorter pieces?)

Remember the first rule of writing... Write!
mbwood

Posts: 216 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arriki
Member # 3079

In the absence of other takers, would you be interested in trading first chapters -- perhaps as a start?
Posts: 1580 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arriki
Member # 3079

ldwriter2, I tried to send you an email but it bounced. Would you be willing to exchange critiques of novels?

arriki

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I wouldn't mind but my part could take awhile. Depending on how long yours is maybe months. I need to finish a few stories, get one ready for WotF and...

But I don't want a critique, even though with my writing parts of it probably needs one. I need someone to find the nitpicks and check commas. Of course I have three other novels that do need one-one is Space Opera-but I need to go over them myself first. I want to get the one I am working on and four Story sets online first.

My E-mail was changed a few months ago and I can't change it here. Long story but it looks like I painted myself into a corner.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arriki
Member # 3079

Well, maybe later.

arriki

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I apologize for it having to take awhile. I have done 80% of one novel and maybe one half to two-thirds of another. The 80% one was a chapter a month through critters.org. I missed the first three chapters, I think, before I joined the critiquers for that one.

The other one, I don't know what happened the writer disappeared. He sent a few chapters and I sent back the crits for a couple of chapters at a time. I sent one batch a little late and he never responded. I reached the end of what he sent me but he never responded to two E-mails I sent about that. I don't know if something happened to him or if he was angry that he thought I took to long.

I think the fastest I could go right now would be one chapter per week if I pushed it.

arriki
Member # 3079

I can handle that. You want me to go ahead and send chapter 1?

You going to Lone Star con at the end of August? I am. We could meet in the flesh.

Danielle

arriki
Member # 3079

Ummm, forgot. What address do I send my chapter through the ether to?

Danielle

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Hmmm, arriki could you resend me your E-mail address.

I must have deleted your last one. Or I'm just being blind when I'm looking for it.

But that would the second one I accidentally deleted in the last week or so. UGH. At least only two I know of I should say.

arriki
Member # 3079

I'm at thearriki@yahoo.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.