Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » The 10k new words challenge - September 2013

Author Topic: The 10k new words challenge - September 2013
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to September, all.

As I write this, the thermometer reads 45, and last night was the first time we shut every window for the night. Oh, and somewhere, out there, my daughter is riding on a bus on her way to her first day of school. :|

But enough about me, you're here to post your word count, eh?
I hope the extra few days' delay sees you cruising along on your counts.

Question for this month:

Last month I started off great. Somewhere around 4k in the first week or so, which would have had me around 16k if I'd kept up the pace. However, I fell flat at the end.

Would I have written few words at the end of the month if I weren't already close or at my goal? Or would I have found a way to push through and write what I needed to hit 10k.

So the question is: When you hit a goal, do you coast until the next goal comes along? Or do you push, having reached it, and blow the thing out of the water?

Guidelines:

New words are - Whatever you consider new words.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I transfer 10K of my 30K last month to this month? With the Jewish High Holidays and a 12 day trip overseas the end of the month, I'm unlikely to meet this goal.

I have managed ~2000 "new words" in a story revision I need complete by Sunday (though I'm on call this weekend--oy!). Thant may be all, folks.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dr. Bob.
That's up to you!
I've relaxed the "rules" somewhat. [Wink]

Words: 1573
Quota: 2000

Novel: 0

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

Boy, this month is slow going for me.
Mainly because the novel remains at 0.
And sadly, all my words are toward unfinished projects. I need to study Heinlein's rules again. Doesn't he say something about finishing what you begin?

Words: 4237
Quota: 5328

Novel: 0

Axe

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.